Chapter III: Gentle

After you all had finished your ice creams, Sora decided to take you back home in time to see his parents. Kairi hugged you before you left, mentioning she couldn't wait for you to come to school and meet her sister. You left her embrace as quickly as you could before following Sora back to his house.

When Sora opened the door and stepped aside to let you in, you were greeted by Zack's warm smile while his wife seemed to be grabbing things from a bag on the table in the kitchen and sorting them.

"We brought home McDonalds!" Zack called out excitingly. "We didn't know exactly what you liked, {Y/N}. So I hope just fries and a cheeseburger is okay."

"Good. Get her fat." Sora said as he jumped over to the kitchen and stole a fry from his pile of food. "She needs to eat. Eat it all!"

Aerith giggled. "Relax honey. She can eat how she wants for now."

You heard footsteps stomping down the stairs, which was obviously Vanitas. "Can I eat upstairs? I have homework to do."

"Take {Y/N} with you. She needs to get an idea of what school is like okay?" Aerith told him as she handed him his two burgers and large fries.

Aerith approached you and handed you your burger and fries too before she kissed the top of your head sweetly and shot you a smile. You ducked your head to avoid making eye contact with her before nodding your thanks and following Vanitas who was already half way up the stairs. Him and Sora's room was right across from yours... And obviously he didn't like bunking with Sora.

One half of the room was completely different from Sora's. Vanitas's black bed was on the other side of Sora's red one. Each had various different furnitures. Vanitas was the one with a closet on his side so he never had a wardrobe, but Sora had one. Vanitas' side was closest to the door, so he walked over to his bed and plopped himself down in front of some textbooks and folders. You shyly sat down at the desk that he had and sat on the chair with wheels. You placed your food down on top of the desk and nibbled on a fry while Vanitas took a large bite from one of his burgers.

"You can't know what's going on if you're all the way over there." Vanitas said coldly. "Come over here if you want so you can actually look."

Only keeping your fries in hand and walked over to him and sat on the very edge of the bed which resulted in an eye roll from Vanitas. He moved himself over to the far corner of the bed and patted beside him so you could sit. Once you were seated beside him and adjusted with your legs overlapping one another, Vanitas placed a textbook in between the two of you.

"World War II." He stated grumpily. "You have to know about that right?"

You stared blankly at the page. You remembered your mother talking about it before, but that was seven years ago and when she did talk about it, it was very vague. Probably because you were only nine and a bit young to learn the extent of war. In response to the grumpy teenager, you pointed to a picture of the man who was on the page, assuming it was the guy who caused it.

"Can't you just tell me?" Vanitas snapped. "That's Hitler."

You frowned, suddenly feeling a rock in your stomach. You handed him your fries before moving away from the bed and sitting back down on the desk chair. You made him mad. You didn't want to make him mad. What if he...

Vanitas hopped off the bed and made his way towards you. You flinched and brought your hands up to cover your face in defense. When the pain didn't come, you dared to look. You saw Vanitas sigh and place your fries down in front of you before he unwrapped the burger for you.

"Please. Eat." He said through clenched teeth. "You're thin as fuck. How much do you weigh?"

When you didn't answer, he let out an annoyed groan and left the room for a few seconds. You tilted your head out of curiosity and watched him walk back in with a scale in hand. He placed it on the floor and nodded towards it. "Step on it."