My Hero

"Why?" A question Hanzo has asked himself everytime he comes to see Melody.

Seeing her body whither away on that bed. Wondering if she'll ever wake back up. This is all my fault, he tells himself. 

The  explosions, gun fire, it was all too much. But then she shoved him out of the way when he was attacked from behind. A brave, yet foolish, move for her.

Mercy claims she will be better soon. That she'll wake up and smile at him. Yet Hanzo can not bring himself to believe that. Though he carries on strongly.

The machine beeps. Her heart beats regularly. The tubes in her arms and nose seem to keep falling out.

"Hanzo You should eat something-"

Mercy stopped what she was saying to gasp at the sight before her. Two large dust swirls coated in blue, wrap around Melody as she sleeps. Hanzo is hunched over, asleep.

This blue powder seeped out from him, almost as if he is healing her through his Dragon spirits.

As a healer herself, Mercy can see the healing properties work faster than anything she's tried. Her visible wounds are healing right before her eyes.

As soon as she'd seen it working, it slowled to a stop. Hanzo stirred until he woke.

"Hanzo?"

"Mmm?"

"You do not realize what you just did. A miracle honestly...I-I haven't seen anything like it."

"What do you mean?" Hanzo asks, rubbing his tired eyes.

"You were healing Melody...' Her smile too big and too bright for her to act so calm.

Baffled, Hanzo looked at the sleeping woman, seeing that her outside wounds are healed. He doesn't undestabd how he could do such a thing. How could he heal her in his sleep rut cannot heal himself while awake?

Though he can tell she's feeling better. Her eyebrows are no longer knotted together in pain, but well relaxed, dreaming of better times.

Hanzo graced her cheek with his thumb, wondering what she's dreaming about.

"I don't see what she finds so attractive in you. You are but a man with the same ability as she." A voice speaks. Hanzo and Mar y look up to see the American Dragon before them. Four legs, two large set of wings, his scales a shimming burgundy. Yet his golden eyes seemed far different from his stature.

What seemed to be a dominant male dragon, one with a fighting spirit seemed so down as he spoke. The sadness alone shook the two humans to their core. This only makes them wonder what happened to him to make him like this?

"Let us leave her be if you wish to speak." He states.

Hanzo nods in agreement. 'She needs her sleep'

__

The group came together, following one another as the saw the dragon walking g with their friends. And as they all sat down, Athena began asking questions.

...more like yelling in all actuality.

"You could have healed her!"

"I could have-"

"But you didn't!"

"Silence!" He roared. She falls silent as he explains. "Yes I could have healed her physical wounds. And I did for a time. But she eventually asked me to stop..."

"B-but why? Melody didn't like anyone to get hurt. She was always a big baby when it came to pain." Athena spoke this aloud, trying to convince herself that this is not true.