Book 2: Chapter 54

The rough water twirled greninja and Izzy around a bit before they finally broke the surface. Gasping for breath the rocks forced them to spin away. Greninja pulled Izzy closer to him as he struck a rock. Izzy's arms wrapped more around the frog pokemon as it yelped in pain.

"Hang on greninja." Izzy stated as they were being pushed faster and faster. A sudden forceful pull and they were dragged back underwater. Izzy held her breath as she gripped the water type more. She felt his body react as they hit another stone, and he tried to get them to the surface. Hitting another rock greninja propelled them to the surface. The rapids began to pick up speed again.

"Ja?" Greninja asked as he swerved them around another rock. A loud splash caught the water type's attention. Turning he saw the blue and red fin dive, as a shimmer rippled under the water. Greninja's eyes widened as they struck another rock. The illusion raised its head up as it chased after the two. Diving back under it swam with speed as Izzy and greninja spun off another rock. Wrapping its long body around them, it pulled them close as a large rapid drug them back underwater. Izzy held her breath as the water washed over her trying to rip her from the pokemon's grip.

A few moments later the three broke the surface as they all gasped for a breath. The rapids calmed as the illusion swam them towards the shore. Izzy gripped the grass and pulled herself up onto shore. The illusion dove back under the water as it held greninja up onto the grass. The pokemon's back and sides were covered with bruises. Zorua sort of slithered onto the shore before the illusion broke.

"Zorua." Izzy whispered as she laid on the ground catching her breath. The realization hit her hard as she reached up to her hair, hoping the bug type was still clinging on. She was relieved when it crawled onto her hand and she pulled it close.

"Thank you greninja." Izzy started as she looked over at the ninja pokemon. He was huffing for a breath and was in obvious pain. "You're hurt. Zorua, help me find some berries. Greninja stay here, we'll be back soon." Izzy said as she stumbled to her feet. Greninja nodded his head as his eyes fell shut.

Izzy rushed through the grass, scanning the trees as she searched for anything to help her friend.

"See anything?" She asked the illusion pokemon. A small yip from zorua and Izzy saw the blue berries up in a tree. Sprinting to the tree she scrambled up it settling herself on a branch. Dropping down a few berries zorua gave her another yip before she jumped down.

"Let's get this to greninja." Izzy said as she was about to pick up the berries. Zorua cried as he was thrown backwards by a colored beam. A grumpig snorted as it walked out from behind a tree and waved it hands for the berries.

"Grump."

"You can't have them. They are for greninja." Izzy stated as she took a step backwards.

"Pig." The manipulate pokemon snorted as it formed a shimmer of light in its hands. Firing it, Izzy barely dodged the attack. Zorua growled jumping to his feet and rushed towards the psychic type. Grumpig jumped around the small dark type. Zorua sent out a column of black and purple as the grumpig sent the light into it. Cutting through the illusion pokemon's attack it hit him hard sending him flying into a tree.

"Zorua!" Izzy screamed. "You can have them you big jerk!" Izzy shouted as she dropped the berries and rushed over to the fallen dark type. Picking up the injured dark type Izzy whispered something into his ear. The grumpig plucked the berries off the ground and started to eat. Zorua gazed up at the pokemon grumbling as he jumped out of Izzy's hands.

"Don't zorua." She started as the pokemon began to shimmer. Izzy's eyes widened as the shimmering turned into glowing as the pokemon glowed blue. "Zorua?" Izzy asked as she quickly shielded her eyes. The glowing ceased after a moment, so Izzy lowered her hands.

Zoroark looked over his shoulder at her. His purple hair shimmering as it finally took its coloring. Izzy smiled as she got to her feet and pointed at the grumpig.

"Show him who's boss." She said. Zoroark turned as his claws began to glow. Rushing forward, he hit the psychic type. Sending him sailing across the ground, kicking up dirt. Roaring a shockwave swooped out. Knocking the pink pokemon back more as it squealed before rushing off. Zoroark smiled before jumping up onto a tree branch. Plucking berries and tossing them to Izzy. Zoroark jumped down after he gave her five and the two made their way back to the riverside.

Izzy rushed over to greninja and shook him awake. Handing him a berry the water type greedily ate it as she handed him another. After the berries were gone greninja got to his feet, noticing the evolution behind Izzy. Greninja nodded his head as he looked up the river hoping to see his trainer.

"Where do you think they are?" Izzy asked. Greninja shrugged as zoroark dipped his hand in the water testing the depths again. The illusion shook his head no before looking at the nine year old.

"Zor?" Zoroark asked.

"We can-" Izzy started before a cold chill filled the air. She turned to see a shimmer of red eyes and she smiled. "I know where we can go." She said, taking the two pokemon's hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule still good. Hope your all having a wonderful day!