Chapter 5

Alex's Pov

I awoke to something cold being dumped on my face.

"Wtf Brittany," I said looking at her.

" Well you didn't want to wake up," she shrugged leaving my room.

"Mom he's up," I heard her yell.

I jumped out of bed and made my way to the bathroom and I emerged 10 minutes later. School was a bore and I didn't want to go today but my stupid mom's forcing me. I dressed myself, grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs.

"Good morning Alex," my mom greeted kindly. Sitting at the table was my mom and younger sister, the spawn of the devil himself.I scoffed at that and took my breakfast heading out the door. Surprisingly my mom was in a good mood, she normally acts like grinch and doesn't give two sh*ts about it.

I made my way to the bus top. It came within 3 minutes. I boarded the bus and took my seat. Everything went silent when I entered, the usual. These people know not to mess with me or you'll end up like messed up Daniel. The name explains for itself.

When the bus pulled up at school I grabbed my bag and made my way to my locker. Eliot stood by my locker looks like he has another victim. She looks new since I never saw her before.

"Yo, Eliot, what's up," I said looking in between him and the girl.

"I was just offering to show the new girl around," he said smiling at her.

"Dude I told you, I can do it myself," she said brushing past him.

"Man overboard!man overboard!" I joked.

" I'll get her you see," he said smirking.

"Let's go to class before Ms Sickens kills," I said heading to class.

"Are you the same Alexander? knowing you, you would have already pull the fire alarm or something," he said poking.

" Same me, I'll pull a prank later just not now," I said.

I opened the door, all conversations halting as per usual. I take my seat at the back and the bell rings and the teacher walks in.

"Good morning class," she says.

"Good morning Ms Rivera," the class answered. The door opened revealing the girl Eliot was trying to get this morning.

"Well it seems we have a new student, please introduce yourselfMs...
Stark," she said looking at the new girl's schedule.

She turned to the class and said," I'm Alexandria Stark I'm from New Jersey and well yeah." Ms Rivera directed her to take an empty seat which was available next to me. I put my bag on the chair to make her sit somewhere else.

"Can you move your bag?" she said more of a statement than a question. The class watching our little display. I ignored her, finding my pen more interesting than what she had to say. That was until my bag slammed on my desk.

"I asked nicely didn't I?" she said sitting down putting her bag on the ground. I'll let this one slip since I don't want to make a scene in front of the class. Ms Rivera started teaching, ignoring our little exchange. Teaching about World War 1 or some crap along those lines. I fell asleep sometime between 1916 and 1918.

The feeling of someone poking me, woke me up. I peared up being met with blue orbs.

" Jerktimus Prime, you're finally awake," she said smirking at me.

" Look Jasmine, don't mess with what you can't handle," I said slinging my bag over my shoulder bumping into her on my way out.

"I know how to handle pests when I see one," I heard her say before I shut the door.

I strolled into Math class, Ms Dowry looked pissed but she used to this, we go through this everyday.

"Great for you to finally show up to class," she said looking frustrated. I shrugged an took my seat. She sighed and finished teaching.

I was about to put my head down to nap when the door slid open revealing none other than Jasmine herself.

"Just great," I said mentally. She greeted the teacher and went through the entire introduction process again. She took a seat next to the nerd in the corner. Well it's not by me, less nuisances the better.

As I was about to drift into a sleep, the bell rang. At least it's time for lunch.I texted Eliot to meet me at his car.We always go out for lunch, well I do. Mr player scopes out new meat. Atleast I have decency, I go to the supermarket for some fresh meat if you know what I mean.

The day passed really quickly after that, Eliot and I going Wendy's, getting scolded by the principal for leaving the compound again without informing him. Same old, same old. After school, I took the bus home like usual.

Getting of the bus the cold wind brushed against my skin making me shudder. Maybe it was the eery vibe of my neighbourhood or the dilapidated house that I had to call my own.

Walking inside, I was greeted by my birth giver sitting on the chair watching tv ignoring my presence once again. It seems she's back to her old self. Not that it bothered me, that she devil could go to hell for all I cared.

I was about to go upstairs when she called.

"Alex you're making dinner tonight, make sure it tastes good," she said her voice lacking any emotion while still watching the tv.

It was futile to even fight an argument with her or she'd probably burn me with a cigarette or get drunk and beat me with a belt or try to choke me in my sleep.

I didn't respond and continued on my way upstairs as I made my way through the dust filled halls.

Opening my room, I was met with the same old atmosphere. A dusty old tv and the only good thing about this room, my bed. It was a king sized bed and it was the softest there was. It was also the last present I got from my dad before he died.

Not even attempting to do any homework I plopped down on my bed. I grabbed my headphones from my pockets and listened to "Zombie" by the Cranberries. I was never that into pop but rock was the only medicine that could get me through harsh times.

Later that night

A tense aura surrounded the Sievers family table.

We both ate not paying attention to each other just like all the other times. My little sister was accustomed to this but she and my mom agreed so they made small conversation. I hurried to finish my dinner, I washed my dishes started to my room.

Another meaningless dinner with that woman was over.

I couldn't help but think of that new girl. She doesn't know who she's messing with. I'll show her not to mess with Alex Sievers. My eyelids became heavy and I couldn't stay awake any longer.