Chapter 5

Tyler's POV
Lunch was full of laughs and talks and lots of changing subjects.
"We should hang out together more often!" Alesa said to everyone.
"Definitely!" Adam and Shelby both answered.
"How bout this weekend!" I butted in, "I mean we got nothing going on, and we can probably invite Jerome and Louise and maybe Mitch too. Maybe like a little get together thing. We could invite Ashley, and the girls could hang out. And Kyle, and Ty and if Ty's coming than also Jocelyn."
"Sounds fun!" Adam smiled. "So Saturday, at your place?"
"Yup!" I answered.
"Cool! So well see you guys then I guess?" Alesa asked.
"Yup. Oh and there's also that convention that's coming up soon, you guys going to that?" I asked.
"The one in NYC, no we don't have time, you?" Adam replied.
"Me and Kyle are going but Tyler can't because he has to work! Stupid work..." Shelby laughed.
"It's a two day thing, sounds fun." Alesa took out her phone. She took a selfie, then a picture of me and Shelby. "Instagram... aaaaand post!" She put it away.
"I probably look stupid in that picture!" I laughed.

I walked out into the parking lot and waved to Adam and Alesa. I saw Shelby getting into her car, she was parked next to me.
"Hey." I walked up to her.
"Sup!" she smiled.
"On Saturday maybe you could come over a little earlier and we can record some stuff together?" I asked.
"Ya sure!" Shelby replied. "I haven't uploaded in a while, so why not?"
"Great! See you then!" I turned around and got into my car. As I drove, I stared up at the street lights. They looked so dull in the afternoon, but they still where beautiful. Yet all I could see, was her eyes. Shelby's eyes. Everytime I looked up at those lights I pictured her; when she'd smile so innocently and her eyes would glisten. How in the right lighting, her black hair looked almost blue. How nervous I would get when I talked to her. I thought. I pictured. Then I shook my head.
Friends. Just friends. Nothing else. Nothing.

For the rest of that day I just thought about that word. Nothing. Just nothing. I decided to try and get my mind off some things, I called everyone to ask then to come on Saturday.
First I called Kyle, of course.
"Hey Kyle. So we were gonna have a little get together on Saturday with some other people and I want you to come..." I said.
"Of course!" he replied immediately.
"Go-" I coughed, "Good."
"You ok?"
"What- oh ya I'm fine! Just a little cold that's all..." I replied, holding back another cough.
I called Jerome and Louise. I coughed as I dialed numbers, but not in calls. I called Mitch, Ashley, Ty and Jocelyn. Everyone said yes. I kept coughing. I guess I had a little flu, but three days is enough time to recover from that.
Then again...
My mind went back to that word...
Nothing.