Chapter 4

Shelby's POV
I got into my car and drove to the little restaurant. When I walked in, I saw Adam and Alesa at a table in the corner. Adam waved to me, I walked over and sat down.
"Hey guys!" I smiled.
"Hey Shelb!" Alesa greeted me. Only Alesa and Tyler ever called me 'Shelb', I thought it was cute. "Where's Tyler?" She asked.
"Oh he's coming!" I replied, picking up the menu.
"Oh." Alesa started, "I just thought you two would come together because..." Adam stopped her.
"What?" I looked up.
"Alesa thinks you two are dating." Adam laughed. I bit my lip, my face turned a little red with embarrassment.
"Heeeey everybody!" Tyler walked up to us. I moved over to let him sit next to me.
"Hey Tyler!" I smiled at him. Thank god he was here, Alesa's little mistake was getting awkward.

Coincidentally, the two of us ordered the same food.
"Wow..." Alesa laughed.
"What..." Tyler replied.
"Nothing." She shook her head laughing.
"How are you two doing?" I changed the subject.
Adam put his arm around Alesa and smiled. "Good! Well, she can be kinda annoying sometimes..." Adam joked. Alesa punched his arm, and Tyler and me laughed.
"What about you guys?" Adam continued. "I mean, what's your friendship with that one like?" He said to me as he pointed at Tyler. I laughed.
"Funny, and crazy... And weird!" I laughed, looking at Tyler.
"Yeah yeah your not much better!" Tyler joked.
"Hey, I said your funny!"
"Nope. The correct answer was 'Awesomest Person Ever'."
"Haha I can just see your name, spelt out in fireworks across the sky." I laughed sarcastically. "So what's my problem?"
"...your to shy and awkward!" Tyler answered.
"So what's that supposed to mean!?" I crossed my arms.
"NOTHING! It's kinda adorable!" He said, nudging my arm.
"Now I'm adorable." I laughed.
"Yes! I mean no! I mean... Wait what?" He laughed. "SHELBY YOUR CONFUSING ME!"
Me, Adam and Alesa all laughed.
"What are we even talking about anymore?!" Tyler laughed.
"Shhhh... Tyler, let it happen..." Adam joked, putting his hand on Tyler's shoulder.
"I-I feel violated..." Tyler joked.