Chapter Ten

A couple of days has past since everything has happened. Jeremy is still sneaking around with Anna. I'm the only one who knows that they sneak around. I keep an eye on them every now and then at the Grille. Most of the time at the Grille now is because I'm trying to see if Tyler is there. I haven't talked to him since the party, but we pass each other in the hall and smile at each other.

Today I'm at the Grille by myself working on homework. Anna and Jeremy are sitting at a table in the back, Matt and Caroline are on a date, Stefan and Elena are having a movie night, Bonnie is with her Grams and Damon is with our new history teacher, Mr. Saltzman who Damon found out is the new vampire hunter in town.

"Hey Sophia!" A guy yelled and waved while walking into the Grille. It was Tyler.

I waved and smiled back. He sat next to me and we talked and flirted.

"Hi." I said smiling and twirling my hair. "Long time, no see." I giggled.

"Yeah," He laughed. "Where have you been?"

"It's been a crazy week."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No, but my minds off of it now." I smiled at him.

He leaned over at me and kissed me on the cheek. We smiled at each other, when Caroline and Matt came and sat with us.

"Sophia! So I talked to Tyler's mom and she said since you just moved back you can still sign up for the pageant! You would be the first Salvatore almost in history, I think!" Caroline said.

"Founder's pageant?" I asked.

"We have a founder's day here in Mystic Falls and there's a pageant for Ms. Mystic Falls." Matt explained.

"Oh, Caroline, I don't know." I said.

"Well it's in like three weeks! You have a week to figure it out." Caroline said disappointed.

Tyler turned to me, "You should do it. I can be your escort." He said with a little laugh.

Suddenly I got a text from Stefan:

Hey. SOS. Get home NOW.

"Hey, uh, I gotta go." I said slowly getting up.

"Is everything okay?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, it's a family situation. Bye, guys!"

"Hey, Sophia! I'll walk you out. "he yelled behind me.

He walked me to my car and gave me a kiss goodbye.

"There is a party tomorrow night at the cemetery, I better see you there." He kissed me again and winked at me.

I drove home where I found Mr. Saltzman lying on the ground, dead.

"What the hell happened?" I asked.

"Damon snapped his ne-"

All of a sudden Mr. Saltzman woke up and Stefan and I jumped back. Mr. Saltzman was freaking out as well.

"What happened? Last I remember Damon killed me." Mr. Saltzman said.

"How are you alive?" Stefan asked.

Mr. Saltzman looked down at his ring. "My ring. It has to be. My wife gave it to me to protect me."

"Are you saying that ring will bring you back from the dead? That's creepy as hell." I said.

"Aren't you a vampire?" Mr. Saltzman looked at me confused and Stefan started to laugh.

"Oh right... That's different though ! He's still human and we're still dead, technically." I said while trying not to laugh. "Well are we going to compel him?"