[chapter 8] Detention pt 2

Start from the beginning

Mingyu's POV

I can't believe I showed this kind of behavior to a girl. She was the first one to know that I have a fear of cockroaches. After my mother, that is.

"Geez... What a scaredy cat you are?" She mumbled.

I couldn't protest as I was shy for a bit, but still glared. But she decided to ignore the fact that I was scared of cockroaches.

Sohye's POV

I couldn't believe he ran away from a cockroach. Then silence engulfed us for a moment there. I had to tease him.

"You were terrified, weren't you?" I asked in a teasing voice.

"N-No I wasn't," he snapped back, stuttering.

"Your actions and scream says otherwise," I said while nodding my head towards a particular direction which was to my hand, giving him something.

He looked confused but then he noticed that I had put something in his hand which was... The cockroach which was still wrapped and didn't throw away.

"AHAHHHHHHAHHHHHH!!!" He shouted. "Yah, take it off of me it's coming to attack me!" He yelled.

I was holding back my laughter, but I couldn't hold it anymore. The look on his face when he was shouted was hilarious.

I had to make a good impression, so I again helped him get it off him as he was jumping up and down but his hand was still.

"Thank you once again," he said, all drained out with that 'fighting' with a cockroach. "And also this," he said while smiling. He flicked my forehead.

"What was that for?" I asked, rubbing my forehead.

"Revenge for putting a cockroach on my hand."

"Sheesh, so childish," I said while giving him a look.

We were interrupted for the nth time by our dearest, dearest coach. "Did you guys finish? It's getting late."

"Almost, we only have to mop the tiles," I said, giving Mr. Park a smile.

"Okay, so I have to get you two to sign the form, like the one you did for the detention list. It will be proof for you two that you have attended or have completed the punishment." Coach Park waved a paper in front of us.

"Nae," we both said together and continued the unfinished work.

After we finished cleaning the toilets, we went to the Teachers' office to help Mr. Park lock the doors and to also keep the buckets and mops back in the storeroom.

"We will be leaving then," Mingyu said while bowing to the coach when we reached the school gates.

"Alright... Mingyu, make sure that she reaches home safely," he said as he walked towards the other direction.

I quickly bowed to the coach as Mingyu started dragging me towards the bus stop.

None of us spoke as we sat there waiting for the bus to arrive. The sun was setting and the sky was the colour of a ripened peach.

The bus arrived, as we boarded I paid the fees for the bus and in return Mingyu gave me the window side seat.

"Thanks," I said, smiling.

"No problem at all," he replied.

"Why don't you have a phone?" Mingyu asked.

"I said I left it at home earlier," I replied. "Such a goldfish, you are."

Mingyu's POV

"Why don't you have your phone?" I asked out of nowhere.

"I said I left it at home earlier," she replied. "Such a goldfish, you are."

"Why?" She then asked me .

"I wanted to exchange phone numbers. So that I can reach out to you when I have problems with assignments," I said while cheekily smiling.

"Well, too bad. Why would you want to call me if you had problems with assignments?" She asked me with a poker face.

"Cause you told me that you won't give me your homework to copy," I said, giving her a look as she burst out laughing.

"I'll let you do your own work but not copy, and only when you have some kind if emergency will I let you copy my work," she replied .

"Then how about writing notes for me?" I asked, having hope for her to agree with me.

"Nope," she bluntly said, shaking her head.

Then she looked out the window and pressed the button for the driver to stop the bus.

"So I have to go now, we reached my neighborhood," she said while standing up to go.

"Well, let me reach you."

"Nah it's fine anyways, my house is very near."

"Okay then, bye."

She stepped outside the bus and waved at me as I was looking out the window.

Then I watched her go.

_______________________________

Hey guys there isn't much if Wonwoo's POV but I will sure do in the next chapter so check out the next update.

Your author.
~kte