Put Your Body To The Test With Mine

Today’s the day that we put training to the test in front of the game makers. I heard a rumor that they were all YouTubers. Well not just any YouTubers, the ones I’ve actually know and love. You know like Shane Dawson, Matt with his ‘DareMattG’ videos and Dan with his ‘Reasons Why Dan’s A Fail’ oh and don’t forget ‘Tinker Time’ with Caddi.

          I waited patiently with all the other tributes as our names were called one-by-one by a computerized voice. When Jordan got up, I knew my turn was coming soon, making me to panic silently in my spot. What could I say? I was about to show what I got to a bunch of my favorite YouTubers only to be judged upon. 

          As I was the last person waiting, most of the guys gave me sad smiles, as I saying that they felt bad for me. Out of the time we had been here—which wasn’t that long—I hadn’t spoken much to the others, only to a small amount.

          When my name was finally called and Kat come back in the room, she let out a breath and gave me a shaky smile. I got up from the floor and walked towards the door. As I was just a step away from entering the door, I turned around, looking at all the people that were my idols growing up through high school, it made me sad just thinking that in just a few days, they’ll all be trying to kill each other. Who cares about me, I’m just one person, and no one would ever know I went missing, but the others? Everyone will know, everyone knows who Justin Bieber is and also Kellin Quinn, oh same goes for Gerard Way, who could ever forget about that sassy pants?

          I took one deep breath before turning around and walking into the room where everyone was watching me. No one was looking away nor having something to occupy them. As I took a look at their faces, they look as if they felt sorry for me, as if they just endangered a little innocent girl and would do anything in the world to help set me free. But come on, this is the goddamn Hunger Games; there is nothing no one can do about. They are pulled by their strings to get up and do what their master commands.

          Taking another deep breath, I saw what was displayed for me. Darts…? Why was there darts? I took a look at the Game Makers to make sure they were shitting with me. I mean, why the fuck is there darts?

          “They’re supposed to be poison darts, but you know, without the poison” William Control rang out. William stood out the most, was in the center, sort of dresses in an over the top Elvis gismo. Why was he here? Black Veil Brides did help him get more followers due to Wretched And Divine.

          “Why is this here?” I pointed back at the darts, looking probably clueless as fuck. “Just thought the irony ring out, due to your name being Snake” William sounded as if he were in a recording or at least trying to impress someone. What, why is he acting like this? I thought this is a private/individual thing, you know like a parent/teacher conference thing you did in primary school? Similar to that, except you know, with Game Makers/ people who are creating your death beds.

          “Do I have to use this?” I looked at Caddi, seeing what he’ll say. He stood there, trying to ignore eye contact as much as possible. I then looked over to Martyn who looked as if he just wanted to blow this thing off.

          “Sorry, but what’s there is there” Jordan eyed looked pain as I sighed. I picked up one of the darts with my left hand, handing it to my right, and then looking at the distance between me and the targets. I raised my arm in a 90 degree angle, trying to aim correctly before throwing it, hitting the target in the next, and causing the place to echo, shortly after I took another dart in my hand and repeating the process but only this time quicker, hitting the target in the forehead, causing me to accidently laugh.

          “What’s funny?” Shane, using his Shanaynay voice, which caused me to laugh even more. “It’s just that this is ridicules. Darts…? I mean be real here, why the fuck would there be darts in the middle of a fucking arena?” I started laughing. “I mean get real Shane, you even made a Hunger Game parody when this shit started getting big!” I began laughing harder, clutching my side.

          “So you watch my videos?” He smiled, seeing that even in a time like this; he could make a fan laugh. “I watch all of your videos, oh and I’ve listen to your music Will” I gave a shy smile, causing all of them to look at me, smile, frown, then look away.

          “I should probably go” I look down. “Bye” I gave a small wave, turned on my heel, and headed back to the waiting room.