69. Leave Me Alone, Forever

Start from the beginning

"Maybe I am, so what?" I said, not looking back to them.

I heard their footsteps stop briefly before hearing them speedwalking to catch up to me.

"You are not the same Alissa Holt from the start of this semester" Zane said, shaking his head.

"Not a bad thing, is it?" I asked and they shook their heads.

"It was just hard to get our heads around at first" Todd said.

"You won't make that mistake again, huh Smith?" Zane joked and Todd flipped him off, smiling still. I shrugged to myself, letting myself smile as we walked to the gym.

SCOTTY:

to: Scott
from: Holt

'You couldn't even wish this didn't happen to me? Fuck you Scott Sire'

I sighed ever so slightly. Heath was probably already suspicious as to why Alissa took Zane and Todd to gym five minutes earlier than they would usually leave lunch. It probably wouldn't take him long to figure out I'm to blame.

But he didn't appear fazed by her leaving and neither did David. Elton wasn't anywhere to be seen in the cafeteria, claiming to Holt that he had assignments to do. But I know he'd be avoiding me given what he said to me yesterday.

The poor nerd would probably be scared I was going to hurt him. But I was convinced I wasn't going to. Because I knew that if I hurt Elton, I'd have fucked up every possible chance I could have ever had with Alissa Holt and that scared me into not laying a finger on the little prick who in my mind totally deserved an ass whooping.

But no, Alissa Fucking Holt has me around her fucking little pinky, even though she doesn't know it.

That's what makes me even more pathetic than ever, she doesn't even fucking know. And God damn it, she probably never will.

Fuck Sire, what the hell is wrong with you?

I know exactly what's wrong. What's wrong is I'm a cunt and Holt fell for Heath because of it.

If I had just been genuine and not so much of a prick, maybe I'd be fucking dating her but no. I have to fuck everything up.

The bell for last period finally went and I was free to fuck off to my last class of the day, History.

Which I didn't want to go to, mainly because David was in the class and I had just ditched him. And knowing him, he'd try to speak to me. I just wanted to escape this shit.

But to my surprise, he came and sat next to me without a word as to why I had left him in the cafeteria. Or about anything else for that matter.

"You're not going to ask me a million questions?" I asked and he shrugged.

"What's the point? You know you'd never tell me shit. Figured after that threat this morning that something had pissed you off and I don't want to make it any worse" He said with a shrug.

David had changed the most dramatically since being in the group. He was once actually innocent. Now he upholds his charming personality but underneath is this kid, the one who's not afraid to fight.

Verbally fight, not physically. He's the only one who hasn't been involved in a fist fight before. Even Alissa's been hurt more times than he has and we've only known her for two and a half months or something. No, David was not a fist fister.

But fuck the boy could argue when times called for it.

I simply shrugged and looked back to my work and left it at that.

But I had grown far too fond of Alissa Holt and knew that it was rude and had to say something else.

"Thanks" I said and he looked at me, eyes burning through me in confusion.

"Thanks for leaving her alone today" I clarified and he closed his eyes for a long blink, looking back at me.

"Uh, you're welcome? I guess" He said, unsure of how to react to me being so, what's the word, nice?

I offered a small smile and David sighed.

"Jesus, you've got it bad for her, don't you?" David whispered. I felt my eyes snap open and look at him.

One punch and he'd never bring it up again.

One punch and he'd never think about it again.

One punch and Alissa will never speak to you again.

I sighed and unclenched my fist, looking directly into David's eyes.

"If you ever let on that I might feel stronger about her than just tolerating her, you're fucking dead Dobrik. I promise" I said and he blinked a few times, a smile playing on his lips.

"She's got more power over you than I think you realise Scotty" He said and I sighed, resting my head in my hands and groaning quietly.

"I know, don't fucking rub it in. I'm not afraid to hit you still" I said and he shrugged as he turned back to his work.

HERES SOME SOLT FOR Y'ALL.

ALSO SCOTT'S AN ASSHOLE SO STOP SHIPPING THEM

Daily update #3