Chapter 11

Serena's POV

I wanted to stop him from going. By looking the way he slammed the door, he was angry and seemed to be, dejected?

"Um, so Serena, how come you are here at this hour?"

I looked at the boy who spoke. He is so similar to him, yet so different.

"Um, I- Calem, I actually wanted to talk to A-Ash."

"I don't think that is possible now, looking at the way he stormed out," Calem replied.

"Hey! Don't worry Calem," I gave him a light playful shoulder push, "this Serena knows how to cool him down. After all, he is not that hot and can't remain hot for long."

I started walking towards the door when Calem grabbed my wrist and turned me around. He held me tight to his chest and looked into my eyes.

"Who is hot for you?"

I felt the heat rise up my cheeks and slowly turning into a tomato with every passing seconds.

"Uh-um, m-maybe a hot dog?"

Way to go Serena.

At this, he slightly chuckled and let go of me. We both shared a quick, little, heartfelt laugh. I gave him a wink and exited the room, towards Ash's room.

I stood in front of his door, slightly shivering from the cold. Or perhaps because of nervousness. I took a deep breath before lifting my hand to knock on the wooden door. But before I could, it opened and revealed a certain raven head leaning on the door frame, giving me the most amused expression.

And also, the dumbest smirk ever.

"Since when did my bro learn to knock?"

I shivered. Not from nervousness. But from anger. Anger for his silly behavior, stupid face and impossible smirk. 

"Oh ho! So, you learnt how to blush in front of me? How sweet of you," he said, now grinning like an idiot.

And I then realized, that I turned red from anger. I quickly shook my head.

"Does that mean, I was worried for nothing?" I expressed my thoughts out aloud.

The confusion that flickered on his face showed that he certainly was not expecting this from me.

Neither was I.

Since when did I learn to worry? And especially, worry about him?

"Since when did you start to worry?" he said it out. He kinda read my mind.

"God knows since when. Will you let me inside? It is kinda cold," I regained my composure and walked inside, as if I owned the place.

"I didn't give you the permission to enter," he whined as I slouched onto his bed and he shut the door.

"I don't need permission to enter into your room. It practically is mine, since you have occupied my room with your stuff," I remarked.

"But you asked for it, this time. This was the first time though you asked for my permission."

"Did I? Wow, this is so not me."

"Nope, this is so you, Sere, because I know this will be the last time you show your manners," and he sat down beside me.

"Anyways, what brings you here?" He asked.

"Nothing much. Hey! Is that a new video game?"

"Yep, but it is not worth it. Boring," he grumbled lazily.

"So is Calem staying over?" I asked.

"Yep for a week or so. Why? Wanna join us?" He smirked mischievously.

"Join you guys in sitting on the couch, wearing almost nothing? No thanks Ash, I will let it slip. Anyways, I could come over whenever I want to. And besides, you will see me as soon as Calem goes from here," I said a I scrolled for some book on my Kindle App.

"You mean, you wanna have a private sleepover, with no one else but only me?" He said enthusiastically. 

"If that is what you want to call it, then yeah," I replied looking over at him. 

I could clearly see so many emotions flickering on his face at the moment. Happiness. Curiosity. Eagerness. Enthusiasm. Excitement. And so much more. He looked as if he won a lottery worth thousands of dollars. 

"Uh- what's with the face?" I questioned.

"You want to spend some personal and private time with me. I am so honored," he relaxed.

"Because, I don't want to embarrass myself in front of Calem, Ash." I hurriedly said. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea. 

His face dropped, showing that he was sad by my statement. And I saw it again. Dejection.

I slowly stood up and went over to him and slightly patted his head.

"We can do it sometime later?" It came out more like a question than a 'feel-better quote'.

"You like Calem?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes. I never realized how auburn his eyes were. How beautiful. How mesmerizing. How calm and serene.

My eyes widened at his question, more specifically at his voice. It was filled with- jealousy?

"Are you jealous?" I murmured.

"Jealous? Yes I am! Since, he took my friend away from me within 24 hours of meeting her," he gave me a smug expression.

"Also," he continued, "he converted my boy into a girl withing a day, while I, who has been trying to do that for years, was never able to make her blush even the slightest," he pouted.

At this I gave him a playful punch.

"Idiot," I mumbled and started to make my way out the door when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and turned me around so that I was facing him. He pulled me closer until our chests touched and placed a hand on my waist, the other on my back. I then noticed how raven his hair was. And how playful his Z-marked cheeks were.

"You never told me, do you like him?" He closed his eyes as he leaned his forehead on mine. His warm breath tickled my pale skin. But I kept my eyes open. I wanted to absorb every unique feature of his face. It somehow made me laugh; I know him since childhood but for the first time today I observe his face with such an eagle's eye.bThis is irony.

"I like none, Ash," I replied, trying to remain calm. But with his hand around me and face so close to mine, it was a near impossible task.

"You sure?" He slightly tightened his grip on me.

"Ash," I quietly hissed "Why are you doing this?"

"Because I-,"

________________________________________________________________________________

I walked down the stairs, after leaving Ash's room. The room's owner was left with a bruise on the cheek and most probably a black eye or a bleeding lip. But I didn't care.

"Serena, how's Ash?" Calem asked worriedly.

"You wouldn't want to know. But anyways, he jumped down the window, got into a street fight with some goons and currently is sitting on his bed, sulking with a bruised cheek, black eye and bleeding lip." I shrugged.

"W-What?!" He practically screamed, "what do you mean by 'goons'?"

"Relax Calem. He just crossed his limits and got a beating from me. It wasn't a hard one though, but he is just a weakling, so says the result," I waved and exited Ketchum Residence. 

There was nothing to regret about. He said something, which he shouldn't have. It broke me, from the insides. And at that moment I couldn't speak but show my emotions, feelings. And I did. I beat up my best friend. Because he said something, I never imagined. I left him with wounds that were caused by me. Because he said something, I wasn't prepared for. I left him alone. Because he said something, I could never return.

He said-

I love you.