I slowly nodded my head. Beside me Aimi was shivering with fear. "T-this can't be real!" She stammered. "This has to be a dream!"

"I'm afraid this isn't a dream, girlies." I whipped around and standing on the opposite side of my bed was Xigbar,  arrow guns in hand. "This is the real deal."

I couldn't believe it. There was no way it could be true! I pinched myself over and over again until I began to bleed.

"It can't be real!" I screamed maybe thinking that if I stated it then it would make it true.

"Well, you better believe it poppet." Xigbar said with an evil grin.

 I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. Characters from a video game standing right in front of me!

A strong hand suddenly clenched my arm and dragged me off of my bed. I looked behind me and saw Xaldin. He stared straight ahead, not even looking at me as I struggled to get out of his strong grip.

Next to me I heard Aimi scream in outrage as Lexaeus lifted her off the bed too. her eyes glowed with anger and she looked as if she was ready to murder him. "Let us go you a-" She stopped short as Xemnas began to speak.

"There is no alternative, Kora." His chilling orange eyes bore right into my green ones. "You will come with us willingly or we will take you by force."

I searched around frantically for any way to get out of Xaldin's grip. Then it was as if something in my brain had finally connected. This was real. I could feel my arm stinging from where the skin had broken during my frantic attempt to "wake up".  I could feel Xaldins grip cutting off the circulation to the rest of my arm. I could feel the burn of Xemnas' gaze on me as he waited for my reaction. And it made me even more afraid. He could actually hurt me, heck, kill me even.

Suddenly a swirling pool of darkness opened below my feet. I had a split second to see suprise on Xemnas' face before I was sucked down into the floor. Everything around me was dark. I felt a hand grab my arm and I screamed bloody murder, biting the hand and clawing it with my nails. 

"Ow! Hey, cut that out!" I head a strangely familiar voice from behind me.

"D-Demyx?" I stammered, turning and squinting into the darkness trying to see the melodious nocturne.

"Oh thank God I didn't open the portal under the wrong person!" Demyx said, releif in his voice. "Xaldin would have beat me if I'd accidentally pulled him into the dark corridor!"

"What's going on and where are we!?" I asked, panic causing my voice to rise.

"We're in your basement... I think..."

I groped around the wall for the light switch and when I found it I flicked it on. We both blinked in the light for a minute before meeting each others eyes. I saw relief in his deep blue eyes as he realized that we were indeed in my basement.

"Will you please explain to me what's going on here!?" I asked him, desperation creeping into my voice.

Deemyx opened his mouth to day something, but then he closed it again. "Maybe you should look at these.." he fumbled in the pocket of his robe and produced a stack of index cards. I rolled my eyes. Typical Demyx to carry around que cards in his pocket. I took them and looked them over. they each had a little number in the corner.

1. Follow subject and keep safe from harm

2. If subject gets injured, use heal magic to aid.

3. Test subject for indurance and reaction to certain situations

4. On third day of survailence, wait at checkpoint for other organization members to capture subject.

I looked up at Demyx. He had been following me around!? Then my dream from last night came back to me. The boy who had found me on the streets after James slapped me! That had been Demyx in disguise!

"So why did you help me escape?" I asked, "Not that I don't appreciate it or anything!" I added quickly.

"Well, I'm not much for dirty work." He gave me a half smile and I laughed.

"Last I checked you weren't much for any work." I teased. We both laughed for a minute. "Shouldn't we go now?" I asked, "Before they find us?"

"Oh, right... that would probably be a good idea." He flicked his hand out and a dark corridor opened in front of us.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Hollow Bastion...I hope..." He said sounding rather iffy.

"You hope? I asked, suddenly nervous.

"I don't exactly use dark corridors very often, soooo...cross your fingers!" He gave me a guilty smile and gestured over to the corridor. I crept over to the swirling darkness. Strings of dark purple and blue were laced around the edges of the portal and as I neared they pulled hungrily at my arms and legs, as if beckoning to me to enter. As I looked into it, I had a strange feeling that I would never be able to come back. I looked back at Demyx.

"What about my friends?" I asked.

"They... well... let's just hope Axel pulls through for us." He gave a weak smile that didn't reassure me at all and pointed again at the corridor. I reached into the darkness. It felt cold inside and the air felt thick like a heavy mist.

Suddenly I heard Demyx gasp and turned to see another corridor open beside him. Before I could see who it was, Demyx pushed me inside and I was surrounded by darkness, on my way to a new reality.