Chapter Three:

A/N: Get ready for the action to begin! This is the chapter where all that never was becomes Kora's new reality. Please R&R ^^

I ended up playing Kingdom Hearts all day, only leaving my room for food and bathroom breaks. James left me alone and I was pretty sure that he had gone out to his girlfriend's house. It was 6:30 and I had just gotten to the Pridelands for the second time, when suddenly the doorbell rang downstairs. I groaned and paused the game, setting the controller on my bed, and went downstairs. I unlocked the door and pulled it open. My friend Aimi smiled at me from the other side of the glass door. I pulled it open.

"Hey Aimi!" I said, letting her in. "Whatcha doin here?"

"Oh, I just thought I'd stop by and see how you were doing." She said. "So what have you been up to?"

"Just playing Kingdom Hearts,"

"Oh, what part are you on?"

"I just got to the Pridelands for the second time."

"Ah." She nodded. Then there was a honk from outside. We turned in time to watch her mom drive away.

"James won't mind that I'm here will he?" She asked, peering over my shoulder to see if she could spot him in the kitchen. I shook my head

"He's been gone all day." I explained.

"Oh..." She looked down at her feet. I knew that she really hated how mean he was to me.

"So... you wanna watch me play KH?" I asked her, trying to break the awkward silence.

"I guess," She looked up at me and brushed a strand of her wavy brown and red streaked hair out of her face. We ran up the stairs and into my room. I flopped down on my bed, grabbing the controller as I did so. Aimi landed next to me with an oomph. I unpaused the game and continued defeating heartless.

By the time I finished the Pridelands, It was 9:00. I would have finished it sooner, but Aimi kept me from focusing by cracking jokes and ridiculous 'what ifs', like "What if Sora didn't make it across the canyon?" and "What if Goofy spun into a tree?" I would just laugh and say something like "Sora's too magical to die that lamely," or "Then he would have one heck of a headache!" We'd both laugh and then I'd realize I was being attacked by a heartless and go back to playing.

Suddenly there was a high pitched beep and all of the electricity went off...that is everything except for my TV. It showed a scene that I had never seen before. At first it was the image that's in the beginning of the game during the very first scene where there's an image of an organization member with Diz behind him surrounded by purple mist. Then there was a series of clips of all of the organization members flaunting their weapons. But I didn't remember ever seeing anything like this scene before in the game. Aimi and I looked at each other with identical terrified expressions.

"What the-" Aimi began, but before she could finish, an image of Xemnas popped up. It seemed as if he was looking right into my eyes as he began to talk.

"You have something that we need," He said in his chilling deep voice that sent shivers down my spine, "You have potential, Kora." My eyes nearly popped out of my head as he said my name.

"What's going on here!?" I asked, my voice quaking. "Is this some kind of practical joke?"

Xemnas laughed, "Child, this is no joke of any sort," I jumped about a foot into the air when I realized that his voice was no longer coming from the TV, but now it seemed as if it was coming from right beside us. I turned and saw him towering over us. I tried to scream, but all that came out was a dry croaking sound. The only person that would hear my scream would be Aimi anyway. "You have power only matched by Sora. The organization needs power such as that to truly be whole. You have played the game enough to know how that is accomplished, correct?"