Chapter Eighteen

Aimi P.O.V.

The room that Daichi showed me to was nothing special. It had a smooth concrete floor and stone walls. In the far left corner of the room was a small wooden bed with a nightstand beside it which had a lamp placed on top of it. The room itself was big but empty and due to the lack of windows and the excess of stone which apparently was Maleficent's favorite building material, the room seemed to maintain a temperature of around sixty degrees.

"It's... Er...Lovely..." I had to choke the words out.

Daichi chuckled. "Yeah I know, it's not much."

As I walked into the room, I noticed a door to my right. "What's in there?" I asked.

"Bathroom." He answered. He leaned casually against my door frame, watching me wander around my room.

"Sooo... Maleficent seems... Uh... Interesting..." I said as I examined the bed.

"She's an evil witch." Daichi stared at the ground, his now hate filled eyes narrowed.

I was slightly taken aback. "But she's your master or something, isn't she?"

"She killed my sister right in front of my eyes. It was supposed to be a lesson... to teach us to obey her..."

My eyes widened. "That's awful!"

"Yeah... I'm glad I don't have to take orders from her much anymore. Vanitas is in charge of all us apprentices now."

"Yeah, you better not forget that." Vanitas stood behind Daichi who's eyes were wide as golf balls.

"Vanitas! Do you need something?" He turned to face his superior.

"Daichi. Im going to need you to get the other apprentices together. I might need to summon you. Every apprentice that isn't spreading darkness in the other worlds needs to be prepared." With that he continued down the hall.

Daichi nodded and turned to go. "Get all settled in. I'll come back to get you for dinner." He said to me over his shoulder. "And don't leave your room." He left my room, closing the large wooden door behind him.

I sighed and sat down on the bed. "Great... Stuck in a super small room with nothing to do... I think I liked it better with those Organization people... At least they had better taste..."

I laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling for what felt like hours. A knock on my door made me jump and I sat up, staring curiously at the door. "Come in..." I said hesitantly.

The door opened and a girl poked her head in. She had long blond hair and bright blue eyes that looked at me curiously. She stepped into my room and I saw she was wearing a jumpsuit like Vanitas' and Dai's only hers was black and white instead of black and purple or red.

"Hi..." The girl said. She had something in her hands and she held it out to me. I got up and took it from her. Upon unfolding it, I found that it was a jumpsuit. "It's for you. Maleficent told me to bring it to you. She made it especially for you." The girl said in her soft voice. "It may not look all too fashionable, but it keeps you warm and it keeps you safe from the darkness when you're training..."

"Huh? Training?" I was a bit confused. "What do you mean training?"

The girl looked surprised. "You're going to become one of Maleficent's apprentices aren't you?"

"She never said anything about that..." I said. "She told me she'd provide me with food and shelter... Nothing about training me though..."

"Oh... Well, I mean, while you're here... Why not? She can make you very powerful and teach you how to use the darkness and stuff. That way you can defend yourself."