Chapter Five: The Champions

Start from the beginning

Earlier:

Taeyong was waiting inside the chamber. He was curious as to who will be the champions from Beauxbatons and Hogwarts. He flinched when he heard the door creaked and in came the Beauxbaton Champion. He knew her. It was the clumsy girl who almost blasted him with her wand. He grimaced by the thought about her being the Beauxbaton Champion, thinking that she maybe doesn't have what it takes to be one.

"Wow. Just look at this chamber." Jisoo beamed upon seeing the dim lit room but filled with quite a number of ancient relics.

Taeyong noticed that as soon as Jisoo entered the room, they both didn't even bother to greet each other. He thought that the competition between them was already starting just by the way the room was filled with tension and silence.

"What's this?" Jisoo continued to roam around the room when her eyes caught something.

"Please refrain yourself from touching anything in here." Taeyong stopped her. "We know how clumsy you are. You might just end up breaking things in here and I don't want to be involved with it."

Jisoo hissed and glared towards Taeyong. The events that happened between them came back flooding inside her head and she wanted to blast him with her wand all over again.

"So don't get involve then." Jisoo spat back. "Just mind your own business and pretend I don't exist in here." Jisoo then turned away from Taeyong and proceeded to touch one of the relic displayed.

"You reckless woman." Taeyong ever so quickly had grabbed Jisoo's wrist, stopping her. "If you really want for me to ignore you, then try to stop causing trouble. It would be too hassle for me to explain things if they'll ask me." He snarled.

"What the hell?" Jisoo cursed and that's when the door to the chamber opened, revealing the Hogwarts Champion, Kim Taehyung.

Present:

"Hello!"

The three champions were greeted by the loud and cheerful Lee Seungri, a reporter-slash-writer from the Daily Prophet. He was accompanied by his photographer whose name was Yedam. The three champions were settled at the centre of the room where Jisoo was seated at the middle of the two boys who were standing on her either side.

"Now, would you look at that magnificent sight!" Seungri beamed and went closer towards them. "Yedam!" Seungri called his assistant and the boy immediately went to take a shot at the three. "Perfect!" Seungri praised once again.

The three champions might be rivals but they couldn't help but agree by the fact that this Seungri was getting on their nerves. Seungri was known to be a savage writer who would write anything just get the fame that he seeks, even if those articles were all lies.

"You must be Lee Taeyong!" Seungri's eyes widen in amazement and grabbed Taeyong's hand to shake them. "Delighted to meet the famous chaser from Bulgaria. So tell me, are you really that talented, or you just bought your way to the Bulgarian team with that good looks of yours?"

"What—" Taeyong was furious but he didn't had the time to protest because Seungri went to proceed towards the next person.

"Ah! Kim Jisoo, the only rose among the thorns. Such beauty you have there, little miss." Seungri paused and stared at Jisoo's face intently. "What a beauty indeed, but I heard that your beauty comes with certain hate coming from your seniors." Seungri stated to which both Taehyung and Taeyong were surprised about and took a quick glance at the girl in between them.

"Well, that is—" Jisoo started to explain but got cut off when Seungri's hand went to tap her left cheek, causing the girl to flinch and froze on her spot.

"Charming." Seungri commented, his hands were still tapping her cheeks amusingly.

Jisoo didn't want to be rude and just let herself be slap slightly on her cheeks but it still caused her to close her eyes by the soft impact on her face but after a few seconds, the contact on her left cheek was gone. Jisoo opened her eyes only to see Seungri's wrist being held by Taehyung.

"I believe you had enough of her cheeks, don't you think so?" Taehyung glared.

"And you must be the famous Kim Taehyung! Or should I say, V?" Seungri's attention was all focused on Taehyung now. "This is so fascinating! A pure blood and not to mention, Lord Voldemort's descendant!" Seungri continually was shaking Taehyung's hands while the boy just stared back at him annoyingly.

Both Jisoo and Taeyong stared back at Taehyung with their alarmed looks but kept quiet. Taehyung's face was blank that they couldn't read his emotions. Taehyung didn't even bother on answering back and kept on glaring at the reporter. Their heated confrontation was interrupted by the camera flashing.

"Well! That was interesting, wasn't it?" Seungri broke the awkward silence. "So, shall we begin the individual interview then?" Seungri continued excitedly. "Ladies first!" And Seungri immediately dragged Jisoo up from her seat and ushered her to the nearest closed room.

Jisoo tried her best to give a distance between her and the reporter with his companion. Jisoo was sitting on a wooden chair while Seungri was leaning himself on a wall, trying his best to look professional while the photographer was busy taking his picture instead of her.

"So tell me, Kim Jisoo-ssi.." Seungr started. "What's your relationship with Kim Taehyung-ssi?" Jisoo choked in her own saliva. "What is it about you two that he seemed to be so protective of you back there?" Seungri continued.

"Excuse me?" Jisoo scoffed in disbelief. "I don't have any relationship with that guy except being his rival in this tournament. That's all." Jisoo clarified.

"It's okay, Kim Jisoo-ssi. You don't have to hide your secret relationship with him from me." Seungri insisted. "And to think about it, wouldn't it be good for you? You just got one competition cut out from your list in this Triwizard Tournament!" He squealed to which Jisoo found annoying. "Ah, all the things that beauty could do." He commented.

"And I'm telling you that you got it all wrong!" Jisoo scowled. "And I don't need my looks to help me win this tournament. To tell you, I am famous in my school not just because of my looks, but also because of my talent." Jisoo informed, feeling angry. "And I'll show you in this coming First Task."