Chapter Five: The Champions

Start from the beginning

***

Taehyung was now in front of the chamber's main door. He stood there frozen at first, remembering that Kim Jisoo was inside. After the incident of him nearly kissing her, he tried his best to keep his self from coming near her but he failed miserably. Every time that Kim Jisoo was in his proximity, he couldn't help from staring into her which earned him suspicious looks from their classmates.

"What the hell?" Taehyung heard Jisoo's voice from the other side of the door and that stopped him from being frozen in his place and immediately went inside the room.

"What's going on here?" Taehyung asked as soon as he entered and became shock after seeing Taeyong grabbing Jisoo by her wrist and their faces were just inches from each other. "What the.."

After entering noisily, the other two champions jerked their heads towards him and Jisoo's eyes widen immediately while Taeyong just eyed him blankly. Taehyung on the other hand, was all focused on to the closeness between the two and the hand that was grippingJisoo's wrist. He didn't think twice and marched his self in between them, grabbing Jisoo's hand free from Taeyong's grip.

"What do you think you're doing?" Taehyung snarled at the other male while giving him the death glare but the latter just scoffed in disbelief.

"And what do you think you're doing, Kim Taehyung-ssi? Why barged inside here and mess with my business with that air-head Taeyong?" Jisoo growled and tugged herself free from Taehyung's hold.

"Wait—Don't tell me—"Taeyong's eyes widen in realization. "So the famous V is Hogwart's Champion, eh? Woah. This Tournament sure is something, huh."

"Really?" Jisoo was surprised too. "I mean— Um— Well.. Yeah, never mind." She stuttered, unable to face either of the two males. "Arghh! This air-head guy and now the one who almost stole my first kiss!"

"You—" Taehyung was about to ask Jisoo about what happened between her and Lee Taeyong but suddenly, the judges for the tournament came inside, interrupting them.

"Good day, champions!" Headmaster Yang Hyun Suk greeted. "I believe you three already know each other? Since you all are in the same class, am I correct?" He asked and the three champions nodded. "Excellent! Now, we're here to announce that the three of you will have an interview schedule with the Daily Prophet tomorrow at around 8:00 in the morning."

"Interview?" Jisoo asked. She and the others were not happy about the interview especially knowing that a guy named Lee Seungri was the one who will do the interview.

"Yes! And for the tasks that you three will be facing.." Headmaster Yang continued and the three gulped in anticipation. "We don't know about it either. Only the head of the Ministry of Magic's Department of International Magical Cooperation and the Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports knows about them for fair treatment." He finally said the three sagged in disappointment. "You will be informed when will be the day of each tasks and only then that you will be informed of what kind of task you will need to accomplish and that will earn you the clue for the next tasks."

***

Taeyong was sleepless. He couldn't sleep for that night. He should be happy that he became Durmstrang champion, but the fact that an outcast, ill-tempered boy and a reckless girl were to compete against him, he felt annoyed. He wanted some real competition in order to show everyone that he's worth the glory when he wins the tournament.

Taeyong turn to his side, knocking his bedside clock accidentally but Taeyong managed to catch it with his hand, saving him and his roommates with the noise.Taeyong sighed in relief but his mood fell when he suddenly remembered his encounter with the clumsy Beauxbaton champion.