AG Secret Santa 2017

Natela Lindquist • 5 December 2017

What's up, guys? (It's Christmas! That's what's up!)

First off, a belated congrats to the talents of Unwritten and their lovely hosts on PanemEt. With the Finals voting period underway, they're gonna need all the support they can get. Go cast your vote if you haven't already, and make that the first Christmas present you give out this year!

But moving on to the subject matter on hand, happy holidays! Christmas is drawing close, and AGHQ would once again love to celebrate this busy time of year with all of you in the community with this year's Secret Santa event! For those of you who weren't around last year or need a recap on how it goes...

To participate, fill in and submit the form we have linked below, in the comments and in the chapter's external link. When signups close, we'll be using a Secret Santa generator to send out emails. These emails will contain the name of someone else who has signed up for the event. In the spirit of these games, it's vital you reveal your assigned name to no one and wait for the big reveal on December 25th! Once you've received this name, you can set about preparing a gift for said person. The person who's received your name will be preparing a gift for you too. When you're done with your gift, send it in to AGHQ's email inbox (NOT your recipient's inbox) and we'll send the gifts to their respective recipients on Christmas day. That means your gift will be sent to your allocated recipient's and you'll receive a gift from your Secret Santa as well. During the big reveal, we'll have another wrap-up post announcing the allocations and the who-got-whos. Simple enough? I sure hope so!

What possible gifts could you include? For simplicity's sake, all gifts will be restricted to online gifts, meaning anything that can be attached or linked to via email (besides viruses, please, that's not nice :P) works as a gift. Examples include but are not limited to poems, short stories, collages and videos. Perhaps you can take inspiration from a few of last year's highlights that were given spotlight in last year's wrap-up post on The Quarry. Get creative! We can't wait to see what you come up with this year.

Now, here's all the information you need to know. All deadlines are at 2359 of the stated day across the globe, or otherwise across all timezones.
Signups begin: Now!
Signups end: December 10th
Sending of name allocations: December 11th
Presents due on: December 24th
Delivery of gifts: December 25th
AGHQ email: authorgameshq[at]gmail.com
Signup form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYOtUrz9N7pubvk8J6SBjMY9FleOzMpBtZ4CJs7YGaTqoaHA/viewform

And that's really it, guys! We can't wait to see all of you on the signup list. We had such a great time last year that we know you'll bring back all the fun! I'm going to *disapoof* and wrap my presents now, but I'll see you all there!

Natela Lindquist
Editor of The Quarry