Project Cupid

Luna Terra • 1 February 2017

Heyo, it's Luna!

I've got some incredible news that's up to date with the latest we've got here at The Quarry. Remember that Secret Santa from a while back? I'm sure you do; it was, after all, the talk of the town. Now, we're back with something new, something better, something red, pink and full of a whole lot of arrows!

Presenting... Project Cupid!

It's a twist on what went down in our Secret Santa, and we're hoping that this twist will get you in that Valentine's Day spirit as well as make this so much more enjoyable. It's fairly simple, really: you'll be in partners. Remember that one friend of yours that you've been dying to do something with? It's time to find them and sign yourselves up to give and receive heartwarming gifts for and from those of the our community! If you're in dire need of a partner and would like to meet someone new, just shoot us a PM, and we'll get you someone to work with as soon as possible!

If the lot of you need a refresher on how it all works, here's how it goes: each pair will get a random pair from a list of those who have signed up for the game. The pair whose names you and your partner receive is the one you've been assigned to get a gift for. You and your partner are to send one gift together for the pair you've drawn, and also please do bear in mind that you do need to keep who you've got a secret; it's Secret Valentine's after all. Once your gift is complete, you'll send it to our official email address (), and we'll be delivering all the gifts to every pair on Valentine's Day itself. You get me? I'm sure you do.

For the sake of convenience and the fact that a number of us may feel uncomfortable sharing personal information (mostly me and my refusal to share my sector), all the gifts should be limited to the internet. Most of you who have done this before (I'm looking at you, Secret Santa-ers) should have a good idea on what sort of gifts to give, but for those of you who haven't, I'll list a few. We've gotten e-cards, short stories, artwork, poems and all things cat-related before, but feel free to do anything you'd like. The sky's your limit.

Because Valentine's Day is only two weeks away, you've got a little less than that to create your gifts—from the heart, of course. The lot of you have two days to sign up, as your deadline is officially February 3rd. We'll send out emails with your drawn pair soon after (keep in mind that the email may, unfortunately, fall under the spam category in your inbox, so please do check there), and we'll need all your gifts by February 13th.

On the 14th, we'll send out all the gifts, along with some virtual hot chocolate, hugs and a bit of spirit from the heart!

It wasn't a problem at all with Secret Santa (which, might I add, was an incredible success), but I just wanted to make sure that all of you know that by signing up, you're promising us that you'll meet our deadlines. We don't want any pair missing out because someone else couldn't get them a gift on time!

Here's the form you need to fill out if you'd like to sign up (only one entry for you and your partner, please):

https://goo.gl/forms/gN01TUI8zVPhNVRF2

We'll also have the link in the comments and as the external link to make it easier for all of you.

We'd love for you to tell others and get the word out! We're looking for yet another successful gift exchange, and hopefully everyone has a great time this Valentine's Day. Before I disapoof, I'd like to end this, my first ever blog post on the Quarry, with some wholehearted spirit.

Wishing you all a wonderful Valentine's Day!

- Luna Terra