10》Angel of Hope

Start from the beginning

Hoseok's eyes lingered on his face for a while, and he suddenly felt bad for the boy. He may have been an adult, but he still seemed so innocent and naive. Jungkook shuffled uncomfortably, he just didn't like people staring at him. It made him feel nervous and self-conscious.

Hoseok sighed softly. "You really didn't know, did you? Kim Taehyung is literally the devil. I should have known that he wouldn't tell you."

Oh no, just no. Kim Taehyung couldn't be Satan. Taehyung didn't look like the devil. Why wasn't he ugly and scary? Where were his horns and tail? But deep down, Jungkook knew he had to believe Hoseok.

He wanted to rip out his hair in distress. I've actually made a deal with the devil? No no no, how will I get out of this... He looked at his angelic friend with horror, wondering what other terrible things he might reveal.

Hoseok continued watching him carefully. "What I want to know is what you were doing up there and why you know him. You were almost murdered by those angels. Their real target is Lucifer, so you must have been protecting him."

"What? Those vicious guys were angels? They didn't seem very angelic to me. They almost killed us!" Jungkook cried out. He couldn't comprehend how such evil souls could be angels.

Hoseok nodded grimly. "Those were the archangels of death." He explained solemnly, "They basically do the dirty work most of us other pure angels wouldn't be able to do. They usually only take out a target if ordered to do so by the creator or one of the higher angels, but this time they surprisingly went against God's wishes, and went out on their own to kill Taehyung."

Jungkook was dazed, his brain hurting more than it had in his entire time at school. "But why would they go against the creator's wishes? Aren't they afraid of the consequences?"

Hoseok suddenly seemed frightened himself. His eyes were wide and he looked around unsurely, before quietening his voice down to an ominous whisper.

"Strange things have been happening lately. The creator has disappeared and nobody knows where he is. This has never happened before in our entire history, and most angels are confused and lost without his guidance. There are rumours about a rebellion in the underworld, which makes things even worse. Some archangels of death have decided to take the matter into their own hands and kill the devil, but I feel like they'll make the conflict between heaven and hell worse that way. The consequences could be a war on middle ground... Which means that Earth and humanity would be destroyed in the ensuing fights."

Jungkook looked at Hobi in shock. "No! Please don't let this be true. You're not joking, are you? Can we stop this somehow?"

"You still haven't answered my question from a while ago."

Jungkook huffed annoyedly and told Hoseok the whole story. Everything from his powers, to meeting other special people and working for Taehyung. Hoseok listened intently, soaking up every detail and processing it in his mind.

"Well, it looks like I wasn't the only one with a secret then. I can't believe that all of us in the dorm have powers. May I add that I'm worried? I've never met so many powerful people at the same time and place. It looks like the amount of gifted humans has increased. But why now?" Hobi wondered out loud, sunken in thoughts like he was trying to solve a complicated puzzle.

"I don't know, maybe there aren't even that many gifted people out there, but those few of us that do exist, were pulled closer together like a magnet. Maybe it's fate."