Chapter 17

When you had woken up, Ayano wasn't in bed with you. Surprisingly you hadn't woken up when she had left the bed. You laid in bed and listened for any sounds that weren't in your room.

A faint sound of water rushing came from the bathroom outside of your room. Even though you didn't want to, you got out of bed anyway and made your way to the bathroom across the hall. The door was opened a crack, letting light from inside shine outside. You pushed the door open slowly to see Ayano rinsing her mouth. She looked up at you without moving her head before spitting out the water in her mouth. "Are you okay?" You asked, watching her wipe her face and mouth with your towel. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just decided to rinse my mouth and wash my face. What time is it?" You shrugged. You had forgotten to check the time before heading to the bathroom. "It's probably early in the morning, the sky looks dark. Have you heard from Info-chan and Amai?"

Ayano nodded. "Yeah, I did. Amai is no longer in the tube so she has the freedom to roam around. Info-chan is thinking of sending Nemesis out of the country so she won't be a problem to anyone anymore. I don't know when she's doing it but if you want to talk to Nemesis again you can. She's tied up in the basement."

"What is she going to do with Amai's body?" By now the both of you were not sitting on your bed instead of standing in the bathroom. "Give it a proper burial. The body Amai has now is her actual body. If you want to ask her, you can ask her about her life before and her name before she was transferred to the body she has now. I don't know how her dad did this entire transformation but I'm glad he saved Amai."

"Were you friends with Amai before she 'died'?" 

"Yes, I was. I didn't know Nemesis well but I didn't like her from when Amai introduced me to her. We eventually became enemies when she started to hunt me down."

"How did you two make a deal to make me fall in love with either one of you?"

"I came up with the idea and told her about it when I cornered her down. It took me two weeks just to hunt her down. She was able to find me easily but it was hard to find her. When Info-chan showed me your profile, you looked really cute in your profile. I'm not the type to show love and affection to people but I just couldn't resist. At first, our deal was to try and get you to fall in love with either one of us but it quickly turned sour. I didn't want it to end up like this. I didn't want you to get hurt by Nemesis and certainly not Amai. She doesn't deserve this treatment from her sister. I thought Nemesis would let it down and ignore Amai but I was wrong. I won't let her hurt you anymore y/n." Ayano had rested her forehead on yours. Her eyes were closed but yours wasn't.

She must have fallen asleep because for the next two minutes she didn't say anything, just breathed in and out in a slow rhythm. "Good night." You gently laid her down, not wanting to disturb her and got under the covers and pulled them over Ayano so she wasn't cold.

~~~~~~~

Thank god it was Saturday, you didn't have to deal with school or any teachers. "Are we going to see Amai and Info-chan today?" You and Ayano were eating breakfast which was cereal. Ayano nodded not before shoving a spoonful of cereal into her mouth. 

Since the two of you had woken up she had been silent. Last night's conversation was in your head. You wanted to ask her more questions but decided to leave it at that. If she didn't want to talk about it anymore, you respected that. "We'll go after you finished your cereal so hurry up then get dressed."

You smirked. "You sound like my mom." A small smile tugged at the corner of Ayano's lips before it quickly disappeared. I guess she was going back to her normal self, distant and no longer showing affection. You reached over and touched her hand that was resting on the marble counter. "You don't have to be distant around me Ayano." She only stared at you, not replying back. "And what are you going to do if I'm distant."