Adora

"Okay, okay! Chop chop!"

I turned around to grin at Brenna, who was ordering Landon and Zayn around.

"You know," she said, nudging my elbow, "I think this is a good position for me. Being the boss of everyone."

I laughed, nodding. "It's very fitting."

She smiled, resting a hand on my arm. "Are you coming to lunch with Lan and I before our flight tonight? Zee is coming, too."

"Actually, I think I'm going to stay here and finish packing up the cabinets."

She smiled. "Okay, hon. We'll be back in a few hours, want us to bring you anything back?"

"Pass, thanks though."

She smiled, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek. "Alright, bye!"

I smiled as she closed the door behind her. I bit down on my lip as I stood in the empty apartment I'd been quick to call my home.

I grabbed the trash bags beside the counter, throwing them outside. I knitted my brows together when I saw an elegantly wrapped box with a red stamp on the top.

I grabbed the box, examining it carefully before taking it inside. I grabbed a knife to cut it open and my jaw fell slack at the contents.

The Song of Ice and Fire.

I dug through the books that were neatly placed in the box, a smile tugging at my lips.

I found a note at the bottom, pulling it out to read.

A little going away gift. Have fun in London. It's been a pleasure
-Santiago

I threw the note inside the box and ran to the door. I looked everywhere, trying to find any trace of Santiago. I stopped when I spotted a black Jaguar sitting in the parking lot.

I smiled, biting down on my lip.

Santiago rounded the corner, clad in his unusual civilian clothes. I felt my stomach do a somersault at the sight of the million dollar man nearing me.

He shot me a warm smile. "Hey."

I smiled, looking up at him. "Hi."

"I'm assuming you got the box?"

"I'm assuming you sent it?"

"You're assuming right." He shot me a soft smile and I matched it.

"How on earth did you remember?" I asked, "I told you that when we first met."

He shrugged. "You're not easy to forget. And I realized that I should give them to someone that was going to use them. You told me that you didn't have the books, so there they are."

I hadn't been the most attentive to Santiago's kindness, his attention to detail.

"Well, thank you, Santiago."

"I also have another present for you."

He pulled an envelope out of his pocket, holding it out to me. I grabbed it and opened it, my jaw falling slack at the check in my hand.

$25,000.

I was in awe, and completely unaware what to say. How do I respond to a check for twenty-five grand?

"S-Santiago, I can't take this."

"Yes you can, because I'm not taking it back."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting out a breath. "Thank you so much."