23

Adora

I pulled up to the King residence and let out a loud sigh.

I knew Alessandra would be the only one there when I got inside, which was good and bad. Good, because Santiago wouldn't be on my mind for the rest of the day.

He probably would be anyway.

Bad, because Alessandra and I had fallen out and didn't get along.

Maybe she'd just avoid me as per usual.

I got out of my car and bit down on my bottom lip, walking up to the front door. I knocked on it a few times and was surprised when Alessandra opened it, boys in her arms.

"Hi, Adora," she greeted, a warm smile on her face.

Peculiar.

"Hi," I said, smiling when the boys jumped down from their mother's arms to hug me.

"How have my favorite boys been?"

"Muy bien," Josiah answered, "how have you been, mi amor?"

I smiled and nodded. "I've been great."

I stood up and slipped my hands in my back pockets, pursing my lips together as Alessandra and I made weird eye contact.

Both of us have had sex with Santiago King.

"Would you care for some lunch?" She asked, "I'm cooking to order."

She shot me a charming smile and I furrowed my brows together at her kindness. "Uh, no, I'm okay. But thank you."

She smiled and nodded. What was her deal?

"So," she began, "what have you been up to?"

I was getting more and more suspicious by the minute.

"Uh, nothing, really. Just working and hanging out with my friends."

"Your boyfriend?" She asked, shooting me a smile.

"Uh, come again?" I weakly asked, knitting my brows together.

"Maali's son," she said, "mysterious party boy, close to your age?"

I just shook my head with a laugh. "Oh, no, he's not my boyfriend."

"Mm hmm," she mumbled, shooting me a smile as she took a bite of her celery.

"I promise, he's really not my boyfriend-"

"Do you eat a lot of celery? I've heard it's great for your health. I've tried to start eating more of it recently."

"I can't really say I do." She could see the confusion etched onto my face by now. She pursed her lips together and placed her celery stick down on a plate.

"Listen," she began, "I know we had a falling out. And I wish we hadn't, because you're the sweetest. And great at keeping the boys safe. I hope we can put that behind us."

She shot me the most charming smile and I just smiled a tight smile. "Yeah, we should be able to."

Her shoulders rose for a split second and she smiled. "Okay, then it's settled! You, missy, have lunch to make," she sang, and I just smiled as she grabbed the boys.

I was beyond confused as to what was going on, but I'd take the kindness for now.

Even if it wouldn't last long.

~*~

Adora

"You're eating celery," Brenna said, her nose scrunched up.

"Yeah," I said, sitting upright, "Alessandra said it was really great for your health."

"Alessandra said that?"

"Mm hmm."

"Well, in that case, it probably has some life threatening chemical in it."

I placed my celery down on the plate in front of me. "No, Bren, we actually made up."

"Oh, really?" She asked, shooting me a smile as she swung one leg over the other. She lifted an eyebrow and I nodded.

"She just all the sudden became super nice. Not sure why."

"It's a scam love. I would know," she deadpanned, changing the channel on the tv.

"Or she might just be genuinely nice," I said, "you know, not everyone's out to get everyone."

"I know," she said," but Alessandra has mad mood swings, you might get whiplash if you stay around for too long."

I giggled and shook my head. "You got that from Twilight, and you never know, she might've changed."

She shot me an interested look, eyebrows furrowed together with thin slits for eyes. "Twilight was a terrible movie, but had some good quotes. Also I still don't buy it."

I sighed and leaned my head back. "You don't have to buy it. But I think people can change."

"Rarely ever, and especially not rich bitches like her."

She shot me a tight smile and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Whatever you say, Bren, whatever you say. Can we get off of this topic? I think we should talk about how much time you and Zayn have been spending together."

"What?" She exclaimed, "don't be bloody ridiculous."

She let out a nervous giggle and I threw my head back with a laugh, making her do the same.

"No, but really," she began, "he's a nice guy. Has good intentions, is a good listener... he's a great friend."

"He really is," I said, "I don't think there's one mean bone in his body."

"Gentleman in the streets, freak in the sheets." She wiggled her eyebrows and I laughed yet another laugh.

"I actually bet he is, though," she said, giggling, "you know what they say, the people that are the quietest are always the freakiest."

"So I've heard," I said, still laughing.

And with that, we finished off our night having the most awkward and random conversations.

~*~

so another update ! hope you guys enjoyed it <3

another update soon??? comment a big ol HELLLLLL YEAHHHH

just kidding comment whatever you want :)

but the next few chapters will be super SUPER eventful, be sure to stay tuned!

forever love ,
jay & Rhee :)

(notice how i put my name first but capitalized Rhee's.... you're still v loved hehehehe)