26. Stupid hearts

After explaining in full detail infront of the clave and the entire institute the very long story of how she came to realize she was heir to the throne Piper was tired. Isabelle had pulled through, heck, she didn't leave the red heads side the entire time.

"So your flying out to Idris to get coronated tonight?" Isabelle asked as the three girls lay with their heads together on Pipers bed.

"Aren't you at least stay for the...." Clary immediately stopped.

Piper internally punched herself. "And I had almost forgotten, Alexander's getting married tonight." Isabelle stroked the hair from the girls face to sooth her.

"I'm gonna go check on my mom, here's the cup." Clary handed me The tarot card and I took it before holding it in the air so Izzy and I could both look at it.

"I'm going to go get ready for tonight, unless you need anything." Izzy asked and Piper stood, long silky waves of red hair blanketing her back.

"I'm just going to go take the cup to Lydia." I bit my lip, walking down the hall and into the room where the bride to be wore a giant white poofy dress.

"Hey Lydia, look I know your really busy but I have the cup for you." I smiled, lydia, though I hated to admit it, was actually a really good person who I'd grown to like.

She looked in confusion at it "How is it in there?" She asked and I reached my hand into the card and pulled the cup, handing it to her and holding the Now blank card.

"A bit of rune work, I also wanted to say congratulations." I was barely keeping it together, I didn't want Alec to marry her. Her and her stupid kindness and her stupid generosity. "Your actually a really good person, and I'm happy that your happy." I turned and walked to the door, feeling tears in my eyes.

"Congratulations on the crown." She said and I headed from the room bumping into Alec as I wiped my tears.

God the universe really must hate me. "Sorry I wasn't-Piper?" He caught my arm as I tried to walk away. "Piper are you okay?"

NO IM NOT OKAY.

"Yeah, Fine." I sniffed, smiling through the pain. "I just gave Lydia the goblet of-the mortal cup." I corrected, it's Time I was professional. "Lydia's a good person, I'm-I'm..." I sighed. "I can't do this, not right now, I have a coronation to get to."

Alec was wearing black shirt and jeans. And I internally groaned for making myself only add to the pain. "There's a suit, Jace has one, it will look good on you."

Alec stopped me once more, placing a hand on my face. Maybe he was going to do it, call the whole thing off. "Thank you." Hope shattered in my chest and I walked off to my own room.

Luke wasn't going to the wedding so instead he sat with me while I was squished into a gold shimmering dress and I could barely breath. Luke sat there, knowing I just needed someone to be with me. I twirled my hair up and stuck a gold pin in place before holding the beautiful crown in my hands as I stepped into the crystal shoes. My stele was taped to my thigh, you never know what could happen.

The oath was written on the inside of my arm and Luke chuckled. "Your just like your brother, I knew Maxon pretty well. For his day he had Jocelyn hold up signs with what he had to say. You weren't even born then." Luke walked me through the hub and down the hall.

"Hey, Piper, if your not ready to be crowned princess that's okay. You will be recognized as queen on your twentieth birthday So right now it will be like training wheels." Luke turned to the girl he had watched grow into a beautiful woman.

They stood before the portal that would take them to Idris. "Luke I can't do this..." Luke knew she was talking about letting Alec get married to lydia.