Chapter 3

"There you go, now give me sexy!" The photographer demanded as I posed, I faced to the left and let my fingers tangle my hair down to my face

"Good! Now give me fierce!" All he demanded, I gave. That's my work though and he has his own, after he was satisfied with all he took he gave me a break, I was wondering where Stella was and how fun it would be to work with her already.

But if you ask me, modeling is something I love doing. You get paid for posing, you smile, you laugh, you pout. All of those, cha-ching. And then my face would be everywhere, in stores, in tv's, in ads. I went out to the balcony while the photographer looked at the photos through a computer deciding which he would approve of and which he would remain.

I love New York, this city that never sleeps. Always busy, above here I could see the traffic, the business men and women walking through the traffic light not giving a care in the world because they were late already. It's like this in New York, everyone is in a hurry there's no wait.

People would tell me, "You're Barbara Anderson! You're the most perfect girl with the glamorous life! I wish I could be you!" but do they really want to have this life? My kind of life? Being famous, it's overwhelming don't get me wrong. I love the glamorous things and everything that sparkles but there are a lot of stressful things that comes with it and the other side of my life makes it worse. There's something missing and I can't put a finger on it.

People envy me, and I'll just have to laugh, oh I envy YOU. Sometimes I wished I never signed that contract, that contract that changed my life forever. Before that I could go anywhere I wanted without being followed or swarmed, can't I just get alone time? The answer is, sadly no.

But mourning about it won't change anything either, it's just how it is.

*beep beep* My phone went off, I flipped it to my face to see a text from Stella, I smiled immediately.

"Hey, what you doing?"

"Work, kind of boring already :/" I texted back, she was fast in replying so I didn't have time to turn my phone off.

"Aw, miss me? ;)" I chuckled, she could get so cheeky sometimes. Okay fine, most of the time.

"No I just miss my bed :P"

I shoved my phone back in my bag once I was called back inside, "You'll have to change your clothes and we'll go one more round" the photographer announced

Just one more Barbs and we're off, you'll get to greet your bed goodnight.

xxxxxx

"Thanks, keep the change" I told the driver as I got out of the cab heading for the hotel. Snap. Can't leave me alone for a night can they? Snap. Snap.

I put my shades on and continued walking, getting through the paparazzis that were blocking my way even if they yelled nasty comments. They were always like that so I'd get angry and flip off, of course they'll make something up like I flipped off because of my ex boyfriend or I flipped a fan off. Crazy really.

Once I got inside the hotel, I found myself thinking about Stella, I've been thinking about her a lot ever since I met her. She can't leave my mind, one second I vanish her and then the next she's all over my head. I miss her already, I haven't seen her since yesterday. I know it's only been a day but it's true.

I'm not attracted to women! Never have been! Of course I had girl crushes but they were just in an admiration way and I never made it a big deal, just something like a fan. But for Stella, I don't even know anymore. She makes me really happy?

She makes me feel things too, things I've never felt before and it feels good. Is this normal? Or maybe it's because she's a really good friend?

My brain is tired, I've had enough for the night. I pushed the button of the elevator to my floor, it stopped to pause at floor number 6, I was on the 11th floor. It opened and I saw Stella laughing her arm around some guy. I don't think she noticed because the guy leaned in to her ear and probably said something funny because she laughed again.

The elevator stopped at my floor and I got out immediately not bothering to look back, why is my heart feeling heavy? I feel horrible. I pushed my hotel room open and headed for the fridge, I needed water. I chugged and finished the whole bottle in no time but still my heart hurt. It's been like this since I saw her arm wrapped around that guy, was I jealous?

I couldn't be, could I? I mean we're just friends, she's just a friend to me, right? Those feelings are normal, right?

My mind was bombarded with questions, I was so confused. Good thing my brain got tired again and I slept the hurt off. I'll just have to deal with this in the morning, hopefully everything will be normal.