Chapter 1

"To your left! Yes, that's it, that's it"

"To your right Barbara! Show us your dazzling smile!"

"Barbara! Barbara! To your front! To your front"

I posed going left, right and to the front obeying the paparazzi's as they roared and demanded more of me. Just a few more moments Barbara, you'll got through this. I thought in my head

"Look here Barbara! Come on, look pretty for the men!"

I ignored the comment and looked to the side to see Thomas, the one in charge of the red carpet asking him if I could go by my eyes. He sighed and nodded for me to get inside.

I turned one last glance at the crowd and gave them my so called million dollar smile and walked off the carpet and into the building where the after party was held.

I took a deep breath and held my stomach, I felt nauseous, it might've been the flashes of the cameras but that didn't matter anymore because my grandmother approached me gracefully pulling me into a hug

"Glad to see you could come dear," she cooed into my ear once she let go

To everyone else, she was the loving, supporting grandmother and academy award winner. But really she was the fakest of the fake, maybe that's why she's always nominated as best actress.

I gave her a fake smile just to let her know it wasn't a pleasure seeing her here. "Now go and make me look like a perfect grandmother, don't you dare embarrass me Barbara." She warned coming closer to my ear to make sure no one could hear.

She took a step back and smiled, as if someone would be suspicious. "Now if you excuse me I have people to impress"

Before she could go, I gave her a bitter smile and put a hand on her shoulder, "well you know what they say, fake it till you make it"

Walking away, I had a smug look on my face not bothering to turn back to my red faced grandmother, I still don't believe she's my grandmother! How could someone like her be related to someone as sweet as my mother? My mother is an angel, don't know what happened to hers.

I smiled warmly as other people greeted me and made small chat before going on with their lives, I don't know if it was just me dreading this kind of life or them too.

"Fancy seeing you here miss Anderson," I turned to see the one and only Jason Halton.

"Wow! Jason Halton! What a small world!" I smiled sarcastically

I see him at every event I go too, for celebrities anyway, I swear sometimes I think he just sneaks in.

"Really is a small world huh, so tell me where's that pretty boyfriend of yours?" He asked taking a sip of his champagne

His question took me back but I didn't show any emotion of hurt, "gone, long gone" I chuckled

"Oh wow really? So what I saw on the news was really true.."

"9 points for them, they got one part twisted. He left with the beer unpaid, I paid for mine" I remarked

"Hm, it amuses me how they make everything so believable. Sad, this world is getting more gullible each and everyday"

It was true, sadly. The media has turned our lives into reality tv shows except most of them are made up.

I stood by and talked to my fellow co workers and waited for the appropriate time to go, people would only make up stories saying I left early to get to my new date or because I was sad of my recent breakup. No, I just don't want to deal with anymore of that.