Chapter 2

"So what do you think of her?" Max, the one managing Stella and I's work asked

"Who's her?" I decided to play dumb even if I already knew who he was talking about

"Stella? Stella Haventree? Oh god Barbara sometimes I think you have a short term memory" he mumbled

I gave a slight chuckle and thought back of Stella when I met her yesterday, I know it's cliche to say this but even though we've just met I feel like we've been friends for over a decade! We clicked, just like that. She's also pretty funny and sweet, she's really something else.

"She's okay"

"Just okay?" He asked with a bit of a doubt

"No I'm kidding she's, she's very lovely" I replied making me smile involuntarily

"Great! I need you girls to spend as much time together since you'll be going on shoots together, you need to get along very well."

I nodded my head even though he couldn't see and said an okay before hanging up. The doorbell rung suddenly so I put my chips down and headed for it. I swung it open to see Stella talking on the phone but smiling warmly at me.

I stepped aside and motioned for her to come in, "yeah, of course! Will do, uh huh" she spoke and went outside to the balcony where I couldn't hear her anymore

What was she doing here? And how did she get my room number? I waited for her a bit nervous which I didn't understand but shrugged it off.

Later on, she went back inside and gave me a hug, "Good afternoon to you missy," she grinned

"How'd you get my room number?" I asked curiously

"Magic" she said in an amusing tone. I tilted my head showing her I was serious, she laughed before answering. "Front desk"

"Really? They allow to give that kind of information now? Isn't that dangerous though?" What if they gave it to the wrong person, seriously someone could kill someone like that.

She laughed, "Well I kind of played the Stella charm" she said innocently before flipping her hair to the left, "Aren't I dangerous?"

xxxxxxxx

A few hours back at the hotel, we found ourselves bored so we decided to walk around. Get a few stops on some shops to buy.

"So what's it like in England?" I asked as we strolled down the sidewalk near the park

We heard clicks immediately, and then more. "Paparazzi" she muttered before walking faster, it was hard to cope up with her.

We walked in the insanely massive park till we reached the gardens where the paparazzi stopped following us, thank god there were benches.

She sat down and I followed, but I made sure not to sit too close. "To answer your question, England is everything America isn't"

"You know I'm getting sick of your smartass answers" I playfully glared at her

"In a good way though, I mean they DO have better food" she said while looking at the bush in front of her, "a better weather to!" I piped in

"Yeah, except for New York, well sometimes. The temperature is ridiculous when it's cold"

And then she talked about her family, she smiled all through it and I envied her. She seemed to have a very loving and supportive family, no fakes. Her brother was still in high school, her mom stayed home to prepare for her family and her father is a doctor. Sometimes I wonder why my grandmother is like that, is it because fame got to her? Or is it because my grandfather left her? But that was a long time ago

"So what's your family like?" She asked looking at me when she finished with her story

"Oh you know, they're like, normal" I said and turned away from her. Should I really tell her how screwed up my family is? I mean save myself the embarrassment.

"Look who's making smartass answers now" she teased causing me to roll my eyes playfully, "Just a taste of your own medicine."

"Seriously" she said giving me a small smile

I decided I should tell her, it's unfair because she talked about hers for about 30 minutes and it seemed I already trusted her, "Well my family, is, uh, it's complicated"

She turned to me and crossed her legs, "I can take complicated"

I smiled and continued, "Okay well first, I'll start with my mom. She's the sweetest thing ever, anyone would've mistaken her for an angel. She understands me and loves me for who I am. My father, I don't even know" I chuckled

"He's not really with us, he visits but stays with his other family. My parents were divorced when I was 2, I never understood why he left us, wasn't my mom enough for him? Aren't his children enough for him?"

I found myself thinking back of when I was younger, how betrayed and lonely I felt, "When I was younger, I always thought I was a mistake. My grandmother told me so too, but I'll tell you about her later. In class when we were told to bring our fathers, it crushed me to see all of my classmates bring theirs, and how their father's talked about their child proudly and how they told them how much they loved them. And when it's my turn, I'm all alone. I didn't understand, I was young and my father left me, us, by the time I was 14 he came to visit. I was shocked, we all were, and then I got angry. How dare he visit after 12 years of being out of all of our lives? He tried to make it up by visiting everyday but coming to his new family anyway. Eventually I warmed up to him but there will always be the anger and sadness inside of me that he made me feel."

By now Stella was sipping away my tears and rubbing my arm for comfort, "you don't have to continue" she whispered soothingly

"I want to, I, I trust you" I looked at her in the eye when I said this, she smiled and I returned it back.

"My sister, my sister is in college and is the badass type. Even in high school, she would sneak out of the house and go to parties, get wasted and everything. Since she's in college now she doesn't have to worry about my mom catching her drunk because she stays in campus. My grandmother, is the total opposite of my mom. She's one of my 'why's'. She puts me down all the time but acts otherwise to others? She's always putting up this perfect up on her, but I guess we all do."

And that was all I had to say about my grandmother, I didn't want to waste my time talking about her anymore. She's useless. "Pretty complicated huh?" I asked giving her a sad smile

She stood up before putting her hand out for me, "I like complicated"