Chapter Ten - Suspended

Start from the beginning

"I know," she smiled. "And you're losing it."  She winked. Jack chuckled, feeling genuinely surprised at her flirtatious response. He didn't realise something like that could come from such a shy and sensible girl - heck, it was fun. "So, about that Sarah girl... I don't know why the hell she had to tell you in class." 

"I know, right? That's why I just ignored her, she's really annoying." 

"That's the right thing to do really. Plus, I think she likes you as well and that's why she hates me-" Alex just remembered what she had said and had basically just admitted to sir that she likes him... Oh snap. Her cheeks grew crimson.

"Er," Jack awkwardly coughed. Needless to say he began to feel those nervous butterflies again. Alex buried her head in her clammy palms - not again dammit. "Alex..." He whispered with his voice husky, leaning in. Before he could finish his sentence, the door flung open, with Florence storming out. 

"Don't slam that door!" Mrs Faren called out, but Florence ignored her.

"Where's Mrs Waters?" She mumbled, staring at the two. She looked up and saw her standing at the office. "Oh, she's there. Miss!" She called out. The minutes dragged where the three were sat there on the seats, with Alex in the middle, Florence on the left and sir on the right. They barely made conversation while Mrs Waters was talking with Mrs Faren, and luckily they didn't get along very well. Which meant that Mrs Waters would probably disagree with her theory of Sarah being innocent.

At last, they finally saw Mrs Waters leave the office, signalling for Jack to walk in. Before he did, she whispered to him; "good luck, you'll need it." Alex was nearly asleep on the arm of the chair and Florence was playing a game on her phone. Mr Pikes barely took five minutes in that room, which was fortunate for the girls as their lunch time was almost over.  He came out of the room with his palms clammy and his face full of concern.

"That woman will be the death of me," he muttered, under his breath. Florence nudged Alex to wake her up, which led to her groaning and stretching.

"How did it go?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"All right. We need to get Mrs Waters and Sarah now so we can settle on what's going to happen. By the sounds of it though she's not happy with any of you. So I wouldn't be surprised if you got suspended for the week." Mr Pikes sighed. Alex's stomach dropped.

"Oh great," Florence remarked, sarcastically. "I'll go get Miss and the li'l brat," With that, Florence stood up and exited the room; it looked like she was keen on leaving. Jack took Florence's seat and pulled his own phone out.

"What?" He asked, when he discovered Alex was staring at his screen.

"Nice phone," she awkwardly complimented, as she turned away. He too began to scroll through his photos, which Alex couldn't help but watch out of the corner of her eye. Her eyes widened when she saw a familiar picture pop up briefly - it was a picture she knew all too well. She couldn't believe it, how could he have found it? What did he do to get that photo?! Jack didn't notice the girl staring, so he had no idea she knew. 

So, sir's found her blog.

And he's saved her profile picture onto his phone.

Interesting.

Florence finally returned, just as the awkward silence between the two couldn't get any worse. Sarah and Mrs Waters trailed behind her, looking like someone had just died. 

"Right, come on you lot." Mrs Waters spoke up, opening Mrs Faren's door and leading everyone in. The old nark sat there, glaring at everyone who walked in.

"From what I have gathered, it became clear that Miss Appleton is to blame for this incident. She will get two weeks suspended from school. However, Miss Hagreaves and Nights also played their part in this, and injured Miss Appleton. I am well aware that this was self defence but never the less she was still injured; for that reason you two ladies will be suspended for the rest of the week. You may leave after registration." It was as if venom and poison was spat everywhere in the room now, not just hate. Mr Pikes gasped and Mrs Waters huffed out a breath she had been keeping in. "Miss Appleton, we will also be ringing home to inform your parents of this incident." And with that, she gestured for the people to leave the room. They did leave, however they were so stunned they could barely walk.