Chapter Eight - Harley

"Seriously, can I get her number?" The boy asked Florence, as the two were sat on the bench outside.

"For the last time no, dammit!" She rolled her eyes.

"Aw, come on!" He simpered. Florence felt like slapping Harley; what a gentlemeng he was.

"Give up on her, Harley. I'm pretty sure she's not interested." She began to ignore Harley and played some games on her phone to entertain herself. She wondered what must be going on for Alex to stay behind for so long with him - it was definitely suspicious.

"No, I don't want to. She's fit as hell," he pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it - causing Florence to grimace.

"You're disgusting! And you're not aloud to smoke here, you know." She didn't even look up from her phone.

After taking several puffs, he replied with; "tsk. Leave me alone. I will get her number, I'm determined."

"Creep," Florence muttered under her breath. Harley smirked, which then led to her to copy.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go and find the Sleeping Beauty. Later, Flo." He stood up, creasing his jacket while doing so. Squinting from the sun, he strolled off inside, throwing the butt of his cigarette away while doing so. Florence shook her head and face-palmed - what a douche.

In the mean time, Harley began his search in the History corridor. When he walked up to sir's room he scowled and clenched his fists; he had a horrible feeling that sir wanted Alex. Well, he'd get there first, that's for sure.

Without even knocking, he opened the classroom door. Sir quickly nudged Alex off his shoulder, to which her eyes snapped open and her cheeks flushed red. Luckily, Harley didn't notice this.

"Knock please, Harley." Mr Pikes glared at him. The boy just looked at him,without a reply. "I'm busy, what do you want?"

"Can I speak to Alex for a minute?" Alex looked at Harley and then back at sir, she was confused to say the least.

"She's a bit busy at the moment, I'm helping her catch up. Goodbye." Sir gestured for Harley to leave, which made him frown in frustration.

"It won't take five minutes." He whined.

"Is that cigarettes I can smell on you? Send yourself to the year head immediately, Harley. We do not permit smoking in this school." Jack smirked in triumph as Harley left the room in defeat. Jack cleared his throat and turned to face Alex.

"You all right?" He smiled, as the sleepy girl looked back at him. She hadn't forgotten that just moments ago she accidentally fell asleep on him.

"Sorry about falling asleep on you." She mumbled, sheepishly.

Mr Pikes hesitated, before he murmured; "don't worry about it, just don't do it again."

"Why did you let me sleep on you though?" She asked, innocently.

"I don't know, I guess I could emphasize with you. Who's Harley, anyway?" He asked, lowering his voice.

"Oh... Just this boy. He comes up to Florence and I a few times." Alex casually replied.

"And you're not interested in him?"

"Nope."

"Good." She didn't know why, but once sir said this she felt agitated. Why should it be a good thing that Alex didn't have a love interest and why should it please sir when he's got a girlfriend anyway?

"Why is that a good thing?" Alex frowned at him, refusing to look away. She watched his face flicker as he tried to conjure a response. He scratched his head.