Change of Scenery

Start bij het begin

"Sorry, Starscream. I've been busy looking after the other little monster," Knock Out growled down his comm link, "If you really want some then come and get it."

The medic hung up before he could hear Starscream's shriek of anger at being told to come and do it himself. But Knock Out couldn't give a single frag about anything right now. The sparkling had been awake all night, keeping him from recharging. He looked back at the little mech that was asleep in Breakdown's arms and rolled his optics; finally he didn't have to listen to the child's satanic cries. The little sparkling seemed to be quite a fast crawler as well, which made him kind of proud but that was besides the point, it only led to Knock Out feeling more exhausted.

The energetic mechling had been named Ryker and the thought of the name made the medic's chest push out a little.

Suddenly, there was a loud smash and Knock Out cringed hoping that Ryker would stay in recharge.

"Breakdown, what on Cybertron are you doing?"

"Sorry, Knocks, I wasn't looking where I was-"

A small squeak interrupted the big blue mech. Breakdown chuckled when he heard Knock Out groan in protest as he looked down at the wide opticed sparkling he held. His smiled widened when Ryker started babbling up at him.

"Dude, I'm hungry. Get me something to eat," obviously came out in sparkling talk so the bright blue opticed sparkling looked around until he saw any form of energon and began desperately reaching for it.

Luckily enough for him, while Breakdown had no clue what Ryker was doing, Knock Out smiled and understood straight away. The crimson medic walked over to one of the many storage units in his medbay and pulled out a sparkling bottle that he had already made up. He then walked back to Breakdown and held out the bottle for him to take.

"Knocks, you're gonna have to feed him. Megatron wants me to do something for him," Breakdown passed the mechling to his friend.

"For sparks sake, fine. Go," Knock Out growled as he took the sparkling into his own arms and placed the tip of the bottle near his mouth.

Luckily enough for the medic, sparkling Jack latched on straight away and began to suckle, enjoying the sweet energon that poured into his mouth. Knock Out actually smiled and watched as the sparkling continued to suckle until the bottle was empty. Knock Out took the bottle from his new charge and placed it to the side before lifting the sparkling against his shoulder and patting his back. Ryder let out a little burp and was once again cradled against the sports car's red chest plates.

The doors to the medbay opened and Starscream entered with a wiggling seekerling in his arms. He was trying to keep her still but was learning the hard way that Miko wasn't one to stay still for long periods of time.

"Onyx, calm down, I don't want to end up dropping you," he scolded lightly as he tightened his hold on her tiny frame.

"Ah, Herr Kommandant, here for the sparkling formula I presume?" Knock Out grinned at the trouble Starscream was having with the other sparkling. However, Knock Out's grin was wiped clean off of his face when he felt something warm and wet slip down his chest plates.

The well-groomed medic looked down to see that Ryker had spewed up his energon all over him and was now looking up at him innocently. Starscream released a laugh and even Onyx began to giggle at what her friend had done to the Decepticon medic.

"I guess I'll help myself then, Knock Out. It looks like you're going to have some cleaning up to do," Starscream cackled as he walked towards the same place Knock Out had gotten the sparkling bottle from.