Part 3: Damaged Goods

Start from the beginning

“ Why are you doing this?” She asked wiping the tears that rolled down her bare face away second guessing her decision to accept Kayla as her lawyer.

“We have both been hurt, we deserve some closure. ” Kayla responded  handing Angela a pair of Marc Jacobs wedge sandals. “I think this would go best with the red one.” She forced a smile onto her face as Angela took the shoes and hopefully the bait as well. There is nothing more dangerous than a woman scorned, with nothing in common but wanting revenge the women had no chance as far as making a friendship but as far as business, they were a match made in hell.

The helping hand of a complete stranger raised concern for Angela. Although she was shut out from the outside world her vivid imagination was all she had to keep her company. To replace the ones she lost she would imagine that they were in her presence, causing her to lose touch on reality. The world she was living in was unknown to the ones around her and she liked to keep it that way.

"Michael and I are doing fine, why are you coming to me with all of these lies? Just last night we went out to dinner and he proposed to me!" Angela glared at the woman and slapped her across the face viciously. Kayla stood in shock and stared at the troubled woman, it was apparent that Angela's stay had done a number on her sanity.

Clutching her now cherry red cheek, Kayla glared into Angela's empty eyes and clenched her fist tightly trying her best to restrain herself from reciprocating the blow. With no words left to say she scrambled to get out of the dangerous situation and confined room that the two were sharing for the moment.

Grabbing nothing but her purse she rushed out of the room in fear of her safety. Knowing Angela's situation and state of mind she wondered why she even considered using her as a puppet in order to get to Gabbie in the first place. Glancing back into the room she watched as Angela doing around frantically holding the red dress up to her chest. Gliding to the music playing in her head she smiled and giggled as if nothing had just happened.

"I love the dress baby, you know how much I love red Michael." Kayla heard the delusional Angie speak into the empty room. She was saddened by what she was watching once a sexy, successful woman was now just another number in the psychiatric Ward all do to the wrong doings of a man. She refused to become the crazy and lost woman that Angela had become all through a broken heart. One way or another she knew that she had to seek revenge on the woman that ruined her life, and her marriage, even if it meant doing it alone and getting her perfectly manicured hands dirty.

***

The Los Angeles heat beamed onto Sheneka’s virgin skin as she stepped outside of the hospital for the first time out of the three weeks she had been calling it home. The media had finally moved on to the next hot topic leaving her the freedom to leave through the front door. Wearing an all pink Juicy Couture sweat suit and white flip flops that exposed her bare toes she stood in the lobby impatiently. She pulled up her hood to protect her wounded skin from the unforgiving sun only leaving the freckles that laid below her Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses. An all-white Mercedez Benz pulled up into the discharge pickup driveway of the hospital. The driver of the tinted luxury car made a smooth stop in front of her indicating that this indeed was Gabbie with their ride. The feeling of relief swept over her body, she was ready to get her mind right and turn over a new leaf.

“Hold on stay right there.” Khleo called out as he jogged his way around the luxury car to aid Sheneka.

“Wait, where’s Gabbie? I thought she was supposed to be picking me up so we can catch the flight to Miami.” She asked curious and desperately wanting to know the where-abouts of her friend.  The incident was still fresh despite the medias lack of interest and who knows what other enemies they had out there waiting for them to slip up.