Part 3: Damaged Goods

Sitting in an uncomfortable metal chair that was bolted down to the carpet for safety percussion's, Angela stared off into space with a blank mind. In the three weeks that  she was institutionalized and sent to a psychiatric ward she had become numb. She no longer fought with the nurses about taking her daily pills with only enough water to fill a Dixie cup, like all of the others she just sat and obeyed. Her heart was filled with hurt not out of remorse but betrayal. The man she loved had turned her back on her, and fallen in love with her arch enemy, but friend at the time. So used to being the bitch that did the fucking over she caught herself having a taste of her own medicine, and she hated it. The dark room that held one bared window was the place she was planning to call home for atleast a year. Refusing the many offers she got from many lawyers who heard about the case in the media, she knew that all they wanted was a come up. Being in such a high profile case with a celebrity woman would be the push the old attorneys needed to get back on top of their game. Dealing with the consequences of her actions was something she wasn’t accustomed to, the definition of numb was seen in her eyes, she had been defeated.

The sound of a set of keys jingled as the heavy metal door was swung open carefully in attempt to keep their psychiatric patient safe, and away from an unexpected tantrum. The psychiatric staff dressed in an all-white nurses’ uniform held the door open. Angela heard the familiar sound of heels making their way to her confined room.

“Your lawyer is here to see you.” The overweight, gray haired staff said as Kayla Harper walked in with a duffle bag and a tan envelope in the other hand.

“I don’t want nor need a lawyer.” Angie responded dryly turning around to see an eyeful.

Kayla was dressed to the tee in an all get up, once again a pin stripped dress and a white blouse, her hair was bone straight. With a simple gold pendant drapped around her neck and the wedding ring she refused to take off she dismissed the staff member and stepped into the room closing the door behind her. Laying the bag down onto the bed she immediately began to take out a selection of high end outfits for Angela’s choosing.

“I can get you out of here, but only if you help me.” Kayla said handing Angela the legal agreement that seemed to already be signed by on the dotted line with her signature. Angela’s eye grew impressed by the forgery that she laid eyes on, she did not sign anything agreeing to the terms of the unwelcomed visitor in her life would be her lawyer through the trial. Impressed but doing everything not to show it she turned her back towards the woman and began to stare out of the filfthy window.

“I told you I was done with Sheneka and her little friend, now leave bitch." She said effortlessly.

Kayla pulled out her phone and began to scroll through her gallery for the series of screenshots she took from blogs, and most importantly Angela’s ex Michaels twitter account. She stood in the middle of the room, cleared her throat and began to read them aloud.

“TYGA 2:27PM: What you did will never be forgiven, you tried to take what was mine. #GetWellSheneka “

“TYGA 4:02PM:  Just touched down in LA.”

 “I can get you out of here all you have to do is trust me.” She said with desperation in her voice.

Without so much as a word Angela stood up with tears in her eyes and walked over to the bed in her oversized gown that fell just below her knees.  Even through it you could see the silhouette of her perfect body dying through it. Hearing those words felt like daggers to her heart, the kind of emotion that she needed to snap her out of her trance and back into the reality of the situation. She looked down at the clothes and took a deep breath, examining the designer clothes that she missed wearing on the daily intensely.