Midnight (Lonzo)

Mhmm, ok👅

-

"Come on, y/n" Zo whined through the phone. It was currently 11:50, going onto midnight and lonzo called up me asking to hang.

Don't get me wrong, I'll come through anytime for my bestfriends. But this shit was getting annoying.

"I'll think about it," I lied, sitting up in my bed, I slid my basketball shorts over my short spandex. I sighed and patted down my white big baller brand top.

"Mhmm, right" Zo said sarcastically. I could practically hear him smack his lips and roll his eyes. "Don't come thru if you can't hang" he said making me scoff.

"Boi shut up" I said and hung up. I grabbed my keys of the counter and quietly shut the front door behind me.

As I pulled Into the ball residence, I parked by the gate. Turning the ignition off, I shut my door and locked the car.

Me:
Meet me out the back, ion wanna wake up Var🤣

I texted Zo, as I walked up the side of the house and unlocked the side gate.

Zo🤤:
Me neither☝🏽🤣

I giggled, as I found my way through the dark. The outside light switched on, giving me a mini heart attack. I walked around the corner to see Zo in the hot tub, arms stretched out across the ledge. He smiled at me,

"Wassup" I said as my slides dragged across the ground.

"Wassup girl!" He said and picked up water in his hand and flicked it at his chest. It was a bit nippy, the atmosphere was warm but the breeze was cold asf.

"You wildin, if you think I'm getting in that bitch," I said and put my phone on the table he had his towel on. I put my elbows on the ledge of the spa, and ran one of my hands on top of the water. Making little currents.

"Bitch you're getting in" Zo said and waded over to my edge. He grabbed my wrists, and I gave him a look warning him.

"Don't," I stated, one of his hands went into my pocket and pulled out my car keys, throwing it on the towels.
"Zo," I snapped at him as he smiled up at me. He began pulling softly on my arms, soon it was getting harder and harder to stretch out.
"Stop while you're alive," I pushed on, and with his strength he pulled me into the water. My head fully submerged as I could hear his muffled laugh.

I came up for air and scolded at him.
"You think you're funny," I spat, as my white top turned see-through. I slipped my basketball shorts off and left my spandex on. Standing in the spa, leaning over the edge, ringing my shorts out.

"Please I'm always funny" He smarted off, making me roll my eyes.

"Only thing funny round here is that jumpshot of yours" I clapped back, and chuckled lowly.

"Okay I'll give you that one" he laughed, and pulled me back into the water. I threw the shorts on the ground, turning around to Zo.
"At least I know you're repping" he said and shrugged his shoulders, gesturing to my big baller brand top.

I scoffed, "this boy wet as hell for real" I said and pulled it over my head, leaving me in my sports bra. I threw it on the ground. "So what you want?" I asked as I floated across from him, making eye contact.

"A lot has been on my mind,for real" he said as he lowered his head. The sympathy grew and throbbed at the corners of my heart.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked softly, lowering my head to try find eye contact with him.