⌜ lai guanlin ; my good luck charm ⌟

Start from the beginning

was he saving a cat? i thought to myself, still looking at him.

that moment, he turned around and saw me.

"hey kathryn!" he said and waved.

when was he that excited to see me?

i waved back and gave him a friendly smile.

"is that a cat?" i said, asking the obvious.

"yup. i heard it meowing and wondered where it came from. i checked and realised that it was stuck in the drain." he said, patting the cat softly and looking at it with so much love.

"woah, you're a hero then. for saving a life." i said and gave him a thumbs up.

"haha, thanks." he said and flashed one of his most charming smile.

"then, i guess i'll go now." i said, about to turn away.

"wait, kathryn." he said.

"yup?" i asked and turned back to face him.

"sorry for creating rivalry between the basketball and volleyball team. i don't know what i was thinking back then."

"yeah, that was a stupid thing actually." i said.

-flashback-

"hey guanlin! is it ok if you take that trophy down from the shelf. it's our turn to put our trophy and the top." i asked.

"what, phhh. basketball will always be at the top. you can put it here." he said pointing at the lowest shelf.

"the principal told me to tell you to remove your trophy and put it at the other shelf." i said, annoyed.

"that's never ever going to happen." he snapped.

"why is that so?" i asked.

"why not? do you think volleyball is so good?" he asked.

"yes we are, aren't we. at least we are better than your stupid little basketball friends." i told him.

"you wanna bet and see who wins the national games? whoever who wins will then be called the best team in school. deal?" he asked.

"deal." i said confidently.

from then on, we had this rivalry going on between basketball and volleyball because we were always fighting to be the best.

-end of flashback-

"well, i guess it was." guanlin said scratching his head.

"well, so friends?" i asked, reaching out my hand.

"friends." he said reaching out his hands to shake mine.

•2 months later•

i was at my locker putting my books inside since it was already after school and volleyball was having a match in the late afternoon.