Chapter 7

Whelp, here y'all go.

TEDDY

She said yes?

Oh my god, SHE SAID YES!

With my heart pounding and my hands shaking, I just gape at my perfect little human. I don't know what to say.

F**k, don't cry, I growl internally, horrified at the tingle in my nose that signifies oncoming tears. That is so weak! Don't you dare cry in front of her!

Forcing myself to be a man, look away for a few seconds, but I manage to push my tears back. I would have died of embarrassment if I cried over a date.

I can't stop the smile that overtakes my face, however, not that I particularly wanted to... "Really," I ask, overly eager but not minding it.

Lifting her tiny hand that is not imprisoned my mine, she brushes her thumb over my grinning cheeks.

Her happiness shines in her blue eyes so beautifully...

I'm gonna make her my wife someday.

That smile of hers is so pretty, so perfect.

F**k, I'm so in love.

Without really meaning to, I inch closer to her, until our bodies are nearly pressed together. Between us, I still hold her burned hand, but some of the potato peices have fallen to the floor.

I should really put more on.

Bunny's gentle fingers caress my jaw and trail up to play with my hair. "Really, really."

Lifting my eyes to meet hers, I become breathless. How can someone be so perfect?

Her eyes sparkle playfully, but there seems to be something deeper in her expression, something that makes my face heat up.

"Are you blushing," her smile widens in shock and amusement.

Oh, I'm definitely blushing, but I'm a male, I can't just admit to it. "No!"

Her hand drops to the nape of my neck, where she lightly caresses my sensitive skin. Then, she has to take it one step further and move closer to me!

She's teasing me...

"You're definitely blushing," she giggles, making my stomach explode with butterflies. "You don't have to pretend, Teddy!"

I want to kiss her so bad!

My body moves on its own and I press her to the counter with my hips. "I'm--m not pretending..." What the f**k were we talking about again?

"Did you just stutter?!" Her eyes are wide now and she's staring at my like I'm a cute puppy. "And you're blushing harder now! Oh my gosh, Teddy!"

Why is she looking at me like that?! Oh my god, what do I do?!

"Stop," I mumble, dropping my gaze because my face is, in fact, melting.

"Awhaha, Teddy!" Taking her burned hand out of mine, she wraps both of her arms around my waist, laying her head on my chest. "Why are you blushing," she asks tenderly.

That tone of voice has me blushing harder.

"Because," I sigh, trying to collect my nerves, "You are so perfect."

She nuzzles her face into my chest, chuckling nervously. "Shut up."

That's cute.

Gently, I cup her head to my chest, wanting to just hold her like this forever. But I can't yet, she isn't ready.