Chapter Six: Double The Power

Start from the beginning

"How'd you tap into the robot's engine anyway?" Ryley wondered.

Ryan shrugged.

"I don't know. Usually we have flight mode for that, but I guess when its down, I can fly the robot myself." He responded.

"That's so cool." Ryley said.

Ryan nodded.

"What else can you do?" The young cheerleader asked.

"What do you mean?" Her friend quizzed.

"Like with your powers. Is there anything else you can do with them besides the robot?" Ryley clarified.

"I can control technology. That's basically it." Ryan replied.

Ryley raised an eyebrow.

"Really? That's it? I mean, don't you think that you could enhance that?" She questioned.

"If you mean control technology without any setbacks, I wish. I don't think that's possible." Ryan told her.

Ryley glanced at the wall. Her mouth formed a huge grin. Her friend raised an eyebrow. The young cheerleader sat up on her bed.

"What if there was a way that you could?" Ryley asked.

"I'd say great. But, Leo's the one who made it. Besides, I already told you my powers are growing. Their getting stronger by themselves." Ryan responded.

Ryley tilted her head.

"They may be. But, do you ever train or know exactly what you can do?" She questioned.

"I train sometimes. I don't know what else I can do. I can only turn on tech at certain times. If I use too much of it, it makes me weak. If I don't use any tech, it makes me weak. And if I get angry, everything goes crazy." Ryan answered back.

Ryley nodded.

"So....what if there was a way....that all those things weren't a problem and you could be the one of the most powerful technopaths alive?" She implied.

Ryan gave her a questioning stare.

"How would you do that?" He asked.

Ryley shrugged.

"Well, the day you told me about the robot and your powers, I was surprised." She began.

"Who wouldn't be?" Ryan posed.

"I mean, I'm surprised that I wasn't the only one." Ryley revealed.

Ryan's eyes went wide.

"Your a technopath?! Wait, how?! Why didn't you tell me?" He kept asking.

Ryley smiled.

"Because for one, you know you can't just blab stuff like that. And two, I was born with it like you. Except, I know more about it." She explained.

"Like what?" Ryan wondered.

"I knew about my powers since I was eight. At first, I panicked and thought I was a witch." Ryley spoke.

Ryan chuckled.

"Yeah I know. But as I got older, I learned how to use them and how I got them. I'm living with my aunt and uncle since my parents are gone." Ryley told him.

"Your parents are dead?" Ryan asked.

Ryley nodded.

"Oh wow. Ryles, I'm sorry." Ryan apologized.

"It's not your fault." Ryley reassured him.

Ryan nodded.

"Then, I heard about this robot on the news. I may not have one, but your lucky enough. Leo doesn't even know that some kids have the power and their parents don't." Ryley continued.

"There's more? Did everyone have a baby?" Ryan joked.

Ryley laughed and shook her head.

"No dodo, a few couples did. There's you, me, and two other kids. I just happen to be friends with one of them. Him and his sister told me about it when I told them. We all came up with a plan." She said.

"Which is?" Ryan asked.

"I already tested them. Their powers are now ten times as great as they were before." Ryley responded.

"What did you do?" Ryan wondered.

"That's a secret....unless you wanna be part of it." Ryley stated.

Ryan sat up in his spot.

"Hold on, if your really a technopath, prove it." He challenged her.

Ryley shrugged. She looked at her phone with lots of concentration. Her eyes began to light up orange. In that moment, the pilot received a text message.

Ryley: 😘😘😘😘

Ryan gazed at the text for a few moments before returning to reality.

"Okay...that's proves it." He stated.

Ryley nodded.

"Think about it. If your powers are enhanced, you will be one of the most powerful technopaths in the world. You know, besides me. All I'm doing is advancing what Leo created." She told him.

Ryan began to like this idea.

"And do you know how much easier it will be to beat Seth? You'll be able to hurt him without even using the robot. It's the perfect way to win it all." Ryley said.

"Would this really work? I don't wanna hurt people." Ryan told her.

"Hurt people? Ryan...you'll be saving lives constantly. It'll be so powerful to the point where Leo can't even stop you! It will be something you'll never regret." Ryley promised him.

Ryan sighed.

"This could help you so much. But, I need to know if your on board. Are you in?" Ryley asked.

****************

Boom!

Did you feel that coming? I hope you didn't cause I wanted this to be a shock. But if you did, congrats now this isn't a surprise. But, it was fun to write and I hope that you guys liked it. What do you say? Two or three parter? Let me know in the comments. ✌!

++SaylorS0