"What," she asks numbly.

"Will you let me still see River when I get home?"

"You got shot?"

Can't she keep up? Sighing in frustration, I scowl, "yes. Now, will you answer me?"

"YOU GOT SHOT?!" 

I pull the phone away from my ear and I wait a moment before putting it back. "Yes. Please answer me."

She's breathing heavily on the other end, like she's freaking out. Why should she be freaking out? I'm perfectly fine. Oh my gosh! Is she?

"Mom?! Are you okay? Don't die! I love you," I panic, starting to breathe heavily myself.

"MY BABY GOT SHOT," she wails loudly, sobbing soundly into the phone.

"Mom?!" I hear Hayden come in, sounding worried. "What happened, is that about Thia?!"

"MY BABYYYY," she screams overdramatically.

Does she have another baby? I mean, I know I wasn't gone that long, but I feel like she couldn't be acting this way about me when I'm perfectly fine.

"WHAT HAPPENED," he shouts, freaking out as well. "MOM ANSWER ME!"

Everyone is so loud. I never liked loud noises. Feeling like they aren't paying attention to me anyways, I just hang up.

They'll call back when they calm down.

Tiredly, I sigh and flop back onto my back in the fluffy bed. This is a really comfy bed, I ponder to myself, running my fingers over it reverently.

Maybe I'll just nap for a minute, just until River comes back.

***

"Be quiet, d*mn it," hisses a harsh sounding deep voice.

"You be quiet," growls another as cold hands grab at me and lift me from the softness of the bed.

Not liking the feeling of it, I whimper in objection, "No, no, no."

I feel myself moving farther away from the warmth. The first guy snarls in a quiet voice, "Go back to sleep, girly. You're perfectly safe."

River said I can't leave this room until he comes back, though. Opening my heavy lids, I look up at the big, scary guys.

 One has a bald, scarred head, an eye patch over one of his yellow eyes, ghostly pale skin, and a really muscular body. The other has short blond hair, pale green eyes, a scar across his cheek, tan skin, and a muscular build. The first guy glares down at me and curses before reaching into his pocket to get something, dropping one of my legs in the process.

I start struggling, feeling that they aren't good guys. "Let go of me! Go away! RIVER!"

"F**k," the second guy says as heavy footsteps pound up the stairs toward us. "Hurry, Archie!"

Archie, the bald one, takes a gun out of his pocket and holds it to my head, dropping my other leg, so I can stand with the other guy holding my arms. "Don't move, girly," he snarls as the door slams open, revealing a panting River.

River takes in the scene, his eyes taking a murderous glint as he steps closer. "Let go of her."

The guy holds me tighter and Archie presses the gun more painfully against my skull. "Give us our man," growls the guy holding me, squeezing my arms tight enough to make tears fill my eyes.

"Ow, stop that," I demand, starting to really dislike these guys.

River's fists shake at his sides and his jaw is clenched to the point of snapping. His eyes look so cold and enraged that I have to look at my feet to stop myself from crying. 

"I'm sorry, River," I whimper, feeling like this is my fault.

I hear his heavy breathing across the room get shaky. "It's not your fault, Angel."

"The clock it ticking," sings Archie, pointing the gun at my shoulder before pulling the trigger.

I hear the deafening bang before the terrible pain tears through me, rendering me speechless as the world swirls around me.

"NO!" River sounds more than angry now, but Archie presses the gun to my head again before River can move.

I don't like being shot, not again. The first time was necessary, but this was just bullying! These guys are meanies! And I hurt a lot. 

"FINE," River roars, "I'll take you to him, but you have to give her to me."

"Ah, ah, ah," says the guy holding me, "We have the gun, we make the orders." Then he digs his thumb into my bullet wound they just gave me.

This closes my throat tighter, restricting my breathing. Tears pour down my cheeks and my knees buckle under the weight of my pain.

"D*mn, she doesn't even make a sound," Archie whistles, pinching my wet cheek painfully.

As the room fades, gunshots explode around me and shouts ring out.

It's as if I've entered WWIII.