Chapter 15| The Fear is Tying You Down

: : C h a p t e r 1 5 : : The Fear is Tying You Down

"Hey kid, I gotta tell you something."

"..."

"..."

"Kid? You there?"

"He is not here. He is not coming back."

"!"

"Who?! Who's there?"

"I am your greatest happiness yet also your greatest sorrow."

"..."

"What?"

"I am your greatest pride yet also your greatest failure."

"Hey, listen, stop talking in riddles. My IQ isn't that high, man. I barely passed the entrance exam to become Death."

"..."

"..."

"Fine, fine, I'll stop it with the jokes. Who are you? And what have you done to my boy?"

"I am exactly who you think I am. I have always been here with you, from the start. I have watched you as you attempted to save the boy. You are trying to correct a mistake that cannot be fixed."

"..."

"I don't understand."

"But that doesn't matter right now. Answer me, What have you done to my boy?"

"I have done nothing. You were a moment too late in your decision to tell him. He has decided, on his own, to find out your true origins."

"..."

"What have you done...?"

"I only gave him a whisper, a hint, a truth."

"..."

"What have you done, Life?"

"... are you afraid?"

"..."

"Why should I be afraid?"

"You have many things to be afraid of. Before, only you and I knew the dark truth you kept hidden within 14 little letters. But now someone else is about to find out. You are scared."

"..."

"..."

"You cannot kept it hidden any longer. For I stand as the greatest evidence against your misdeeds."

"..."

"You are only a mere shadow of my past. I am not afraid of you."

"So you are still running away."

"..."

"No, you are wrong."

"I've stopped running away when I took my own life to join you, when I became Death."

-*-

A/N: we are nearing the end. Sorry for late update.