Troublesome Children

I'm not sure if it will apply, but once there are multiple people with the same name will have an *, unless I specify using other means, or someone is talking.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"ALBUS! JAMES! Get back here!" Harry sighed as his wife once again yelled at his two sons. Then, said sons ran into the kitchen, where he was brewing a potion to revive the tomato plants that had died in the summer heat.

"What did you do this time?" He asked as they hid behind their father.

"We didn't do anything! It was Lily, we swear!" Harry sighed and added a pinch of unicorn horn to the potion,

"Oh? And what did Lily do? Albus?"

"We were just playing a game and we didn't want to play with Lily so she started crying and Mum won't listen to us!" Harry rubbed the bridge of his nose, then Ginny came stomping down the stairs, holding Lily, whose eyes were red.

"How many times have I told you to include your sister?"

"But mum! We were in the middle of a game!" James protested

"Is that true Lily?" Harry asked, looking her in the eyes. Lily didn't answer right away, "Lily?" she finally nodded,

"But they never let me play! They always say they're in the middle of a game!" Ginny rubbed her forehead.

"Ok, that's it. The next game you play, you have to include Lily, got it?" James nodded eagerly,

"Can we finish this game first? I've almost beaten Albus at Gobstones!" Ginny sighed and waved her hand,

"Go ahead, but try to keep the mess to a minimum." Albus and James smiled and ran up the stairs to finish their game.

"Mommy, can I have something to eat?" Ginny nodded and went to the pantry to grab a snack for her before sending her back upstairs to watch her brothers play.

"Harry, I have to go to Luna's, she just came back from America and I promised I would go over." Harry nodded,

"Ok, I'll make sure the kids don't blow up the house."

"That's not funny when your making a potion." Harry rolled his eyes, and gave his wife a kiss before she apparated over the the Scamander's house.

"Shoot. I left the Asphodel downstairs." He glanced up the stairs to make sure the kids were in James's room and turned off the stove before running downstairs to grab the Asphodel. He rummaged around the ingredient cupboard, looking for the plant.

--Meanwhile, upstairs--

"Is he gone?" James asked, and Lily nodded,

"Are you sure about this?" she asked, and James frowned,

"I thought you wanted to play with us."

"I do! But isn't this dangerous? Who knows what will happen? The house could blow up!"

"That's the fun part!" Albus said, bouncing up and down. Lily bit her lip, but nodded,

"Fine, let's go." The three of them tip-toed down the stairs to the kitchen where the potion was slowly cooling down.

"Ok Lily, because it's your first time, you get to choose what we put in the cauldron!" James said,pulling over a chair for her to climb on, and Lily beamed, then looked at the different ingredients, before grabbing a shiny bottle from the middle, she handed it to Albus,

"You put it in, it was your idea." Albus shrugged and climbed up. He opened the bottle and looked inside,

"I think this is dragon's blood! Nice choice Lil!" Lily smiled again and Albus started pouring the bottle into the cauldron.

--Back downstairs--

Harry had just grabbed the Asphodel when he heard a boom from upstairs, he ran up the stairs and walked into a cloud of thick, multi-colored smoke, and waved his wand as he muttered a spell, and the cloud disappeared, revealing his children, with Albus thrown across the other two, they looked up and fear flashed in their eyes.

"Dad! I can explain!" James tried to say as the kids untangled themselves and got up, but Harry cut him off,

"How many times have I told you not to mess with potions unless an adult is nearby and they say it's ok? You're lucky you didn't blow up the house!" He looked at the counter, and saw what was missing,

"Did you add Dragon Blood?" Harry asked, looking at each one of them, before Lily burst out crying,

"I'm sorry daddy! James said it would be ok and the bottle looked so pretty! I didn't know!!" Harry sighed and rubbed his brow again,

"You three are lucky nothing permanent happened. Just- Just don't mention this to your mum, ok?" They nodded eagerly and Lily wiped away her tears.

"Ok, just go play games in the family room while I clean up everything." The kids ran into the other room and Harry set to cleaning up the kitchen. In less than two minutes, he heard a scream from the other room, he sighed and walked down to the family room,

"What is it now?" He looked in the room and froze, "Kids, get behind me. Now." The tone in his voice warned that they should listen and they scrambled behind him, with Lily holding onto his leg.

Sitting on the floor was a group of people that Harry knew well. But he knew that wasn't possible, there is no spell to wake the dead. But what about a potion? No, I can't think like that. It's impossible. Albus looked out from behind Harry's legs, and before Harry could stop him, he ran forward and tried to shake one of them awake, the one that looked like James Potter I. Harry reached forward and pulled Albus back.

"James, go to the fireplace and Floo your mother, she's at the Scamanders."

"But I thought-"

"James, go." James* ran to the front room, and returned minutes later with his mother in tow.

"Harry, what's going on? Luna was just telling me-" She noticed the people on the floor and the nearly awake James. She looked at everyone else and saw the familiar shock of red hair, and covered her mouth in shock.

"Fred?"

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~

Oh, man. I feel like, ten times better about my first one being deleted. It was so unorganized and just... UGH! But, I have rewritten it, and I, for one, think this is ten times better. But I'll let you be the judge! So let me know!