Chapter Five: Making Change

Start from the beginning

Harris rolled his eyes.

"Seriously, we're fine. Nothing happened. We just decided to come here early so we wouldn't forget." Ryan reassured them.

"Wrong." Mark disagreed.

"Wrong?" Ryan asked.

"You were gone all last night. Where'd you go?" Mark wondered.

Ryan looked at Spyder, who was out of ideas.

"I met up with Ryley. Spyder heard Paige was coming, so he wanted to come. We all hung out for hours and we got tired and the Mech was the closest place. Ryley's cousin was in town so she drove Ryley and Paige home." The technopath explained.

"So if I call Ryley right now, she'll back you up?" Mark questioned.

"Yup! 100%! Can't see why that would not be true at all." Spyder tried to help.

Ryan shook his head at him, signaling him to stop. Mark took out his phone and dialed Ryley's number. For those of you who have not read Let's Meet Ryley, I'll catch you up. Ryley Dennis is friends with the boys and is a frenemy to Mark. She's older than them and is a cheerleader for her school. Just like everyone else, she was transferred to Bay City East. She became a cheerleader there as well. She's clever, sporty, and tough. Being the sophomore that she is, she tends to know her fellow peers better than most. Making friends is extremely easy for her, her personality attracts people, and she never takes crap from anyone. These are all the reasons why the pilot has had a crush on her for so long.

"She's not picking up." Mark said.

Ryan shrugged.

"Maybe she's still asleep." He guessed.

Mark sighed as he attempted to call Ryley's best friend. Paige Aveeno is also a cheerleader. She shares the traits of being tough and intelligent. The two girls' differences show through how they act and their personalities. While being more bold and sassy, Paige is very sweet and polite. Her attitude only comes out if you rub her the wrong way. She's not a pushover, however her generous deeds may make her seem that way. Her crush on the pilot's best friend is evident, which is why it's fun to tease the two.

"Hello?" Paige greeted.

Mark's eyes widened. Her voice was unlike one he had ever heard. It was sweet and soft, but not quiet either. He quickly dismissed it as he went to answer back.

"Hey." Mark replied.

"Hi Mark. What's up?" Paige asked.

"Were you with my brother and Spyder last night?" Mark questioned.

"No. I was doing homework. I don't like waiting until Sunday because I need my day to chill." Paige answered.

Mark glanced at the two boys as he nodded.

"Thanks, that's all I needed to know." Mark said.

He hung up on her. Spyder got off the couch and stood next to Harris. Ryan had his hands in his pockets.

"Where were you?" Mark inquired more seriously.