~Chapter Two~

"I Rule Alone"

~~~

~Kristine~

How...How would she go missing?? Milly...

"Ok, search committee gather around!! We will split up then report back here when we find her." My father yelled, signaling to the different groups of people in front of us at this moment. What do you expect from the captain of the royal guard?

"Princess Millania wouldn't just run off like that...especially on her birthday." Rumi muttered from behind me.

"I don't know, maybe she got kidnapped?"

"Don't make the entire country worry, Giselle!"

"Ok you three stop it!" I turned to Rumi, Giselle and Ben, who seemed to be bickering from behind me.

I sighed and said "Look, I'll go look for the princess while you three stay here and check if she'll come back."

"What?! I leave you out there for the wolves??" Ben exclaimed, making Rumi take a step back. Probably cringing at how heroic he wants to be.

"I'll go with you."

"No it's fine, I'll just take Josephine and maybe she can help me fine the princess."

Rumi turned around to look at the stables then back to me "Josephine's gone."

"Wait what??" I exclaimed, moving to look at the stables. Yep, indeed, Josephine's gone.

"Did someone steal her?", Giselle asked.

Rumi's face was filled with worry. "That can't be possible, I was at tending to the gardens the whole day, and we're right beside the stables, how could someone possible gotten to Josephine without any of us seeing?!"

Then it hit me.
Without anyone, even the gardener seeing...

"There has to be some sort of complex magic to this, maybe Diana had something to do with this, she is the country's mage after all." Ben spoke up.

No wait, that can't be it, if Milly were to go to Diana for help, she wouldn't comply, even if she wanted to. Wait, I know where she went.

I walked passed my friends and walked over to my father.

"Sir, may I go out and search too?" I asked.

He looked at me confused. "Sure, Kristine, we can send a few people from the search part to-"

"No thanks, sir. I can do this on my own." I cut him off.

"Oh, alright then, go ahead, but be careful." He answered.

I nodded at him and proceeded to walk away from the castle.

-

I was right.

I'm here in the beach that separated Veritas to the sea over to Industria, another neighboring country, and there was Milly, and Josephine as well.
There's no way she remembered the secret passage...did she?

I walked towards her in order to get her attention.

"Your highness." I spoke out, getting her away from her dazed expression.

"Oh, it's you, Kristine." She said with a monotone voice.

I sat beside her. "We have to go back, princess. Everyone's worried."