THREE

REYNA

I can't decide whether to claw her skin or simply choke her to death.

That's what I'm thinking as I sit opposite my future 'stepmom'.
We're at Applebee's having a 'late lunch'. And by we I mean my Dad, his stupid ass bitch girlfriend and of course, me.

Granted, his girlfriend is a stone cold bitch as well. And she hasn't let me forget that in all the thirty minutes we've conversed.

"So, Reyna." She sips the Mimosa she ordered. I didn't even know they had mimosas in Applebee's. "Are you going back to your mom's?"

"No. I'm not going back to my mom's." I clench my fork in my palm. "Because she's fucking dead, you stupid bitch."

She doesn't even flinch and it's probably a good thing Dad went outside to pick up a phone call because I swear I'm about to cut a bitch right now.

"I bet she's turning in her grave right now, because her daughter turned out to be one huge disappointment. Just like her."

She did not just go there. No one insults my Mom. No one. "Well at least I did not turn out to be some cheap bimbo who fucks guys old enough to be her fathers."

Her eyes narrow in annoyance. Or glare is more like it, but before she can come up with a snarky comment, Dad slides in back into the booth beside her. "So what were you two discussing about?"

"Oh just the wedding details, darling," she says breezily.

So he already proposed. Doesn't faze me one bit. He always had a wandering eye for the ladies.

"And also reminding Reyna her rightful place."

Either Dad doesn't pick up on the actual meaning of her words or he's actually dumb as a post, which is a shame, really, because he's a CIA agent for fuck's sake.

"We were just discussing how sometimes those plans might never work out and then you're left feeling like a big pile of shit afterwards." I smile sweetly at....-wait, I didn't even get her name. Was it Sophia? Sophie?

Sophie-Sophia glares at me, which is so hard to tell because her fake smile is still plastered on her face.

"It's good that you two are on good terms with each other." Dad smiles at me and I do my best to return the smile back. Making it sour enough so that he notices what a big joke all of this is.

"We should go, Sophia," he tells his fiancé.

So Sophia's her name. I take a mental note of that.

"Yeah, we should. This place screams lowlife to the extreme. Just filled with germs all over," she looks pointedly at me when she says that and stands up, dad in tow.

"It takes one to know one," I say it so low that only she can hear and get in the car.

I'm strapping on my seatbelt when he says, "Everyone's waiting for you."

I give him a quiet I-don't-give-a-fuck look and go back to staring straight ahead.

Everyone means my brothers and sisters. The whole nine lot of us. Same father, different mothers. Apparently, dad was and still is freaking Casanova back in the day and by the time he finally had enough sense to do a vasectomy, he had already impregnated eight women.

It doesn't help that my eyes wander to the rearview mirror where I see dad and Sophia are cozying up to each other, much to my repulsion because what the actual fuck? Wouldn't surprise me if she went on ahead and climbed onto his lap.