Chapter 1-2 Cato's POV

As I finish off all the training dummies, I smirk to myself. It's the Reaping today and I'm volunteering. I know I'm going to win after all. I head out of the training centre and I head back home. My little brother, Jet sees my outside and runs towards me.
"Hey little guy!" I say as I ruffle his hair.
"Don't do that!" He laughs as he blows a raspberry at me.
I go into the house I greet my mum. She starts to tear up knowing I'm going into the arena.
"I'll miss you." She sniffles.
"I'll be back soon okay?" I say trying to comfort her.
I then go get dressed in my nicest clothes to prepare for the reaping. The training centre chooses one boy and a girl each year and this year they chose a girl called Clove. We're friends I guess. As the bell that signals that it's time for the reaping, I go to my mum and Jet to say goodbye. I try not to cry as the hug both of them. I head out into the towns square and 'check in' and then head over to my section. A woman with bright orange and blue clothes and hair called Coral is District 2's escort. I roll my eyes at her pathetic outfit while I wait for the reaping to start. They play a video they play every year and then when it ends, Coral starts to pick out the names.
"Ladies first!"
She clears her throat and dramatically announces "Clove Kentwell!"
She was going to volunteer anyway. Clove walk up the stage looking fierce and arrogant.
"Next, the boys!" Coral says enthusiastically.
"Lucas Woodfeld!" A timid and tiny looking boy appears in the crowd as everyone around him makes a clearing.
"I volunteer!" I shout probably loud enough for the wholes district to hear.
I walk up the the stage looking vicious, tough, and arrogant.
Clove and I shake hands before being led to the train. Unlike the poorer districts we don't get say goodbye to our families after the reaping, since most of the tributes for District 1 and 2 are volunteers anyway and say goodbye beforehand.

We are led into the train by Coral while she blabs on about the latest Capitol fashions and trees. I roll my eyes again. Ugh no one cares. Corals stops abruptly for a second.
"Excuse me?"
Whoops. I said that out loud.
"Sorry." I say in my most 'I don't really mean it' voice.
Coral continues blabbing as we enter the train. Although district 2 is richer, I've never seen anything like this train. I look around but pretend not to care as Clove and I find our rooms. I settle down onto the bed and take a shower before joining Clove, Coral, Enobaria and Brutus to watch the reaping. I look at the tributes from District 1 and District 4 since I'm probably gonna ally with them. From District 1 is a blonde girl looking like she should be in a beauty pageant instead of the Hunger Games. The boy from District 1 is tall and skinny but looks like he could do damage. I pay some attention to District 4's tributes and mostly ignore the rest until I come to District 12. A small petite girl with blonde hair and big brown doe eyes come up onto the stage. I immediately know from the moment that she's mine. Clove looks over at me and smirks.
"Ohhhh does somebody have a little crush?" She says tauntingly.
"Shut up Clove, or I'll slit your throat."
"Geez, I was just joking" Clove backs down.
We have some dinner and then I go back to my room. I change and the lay down in the covers before drifting of in the a dream
***
"Rose?"
She turns around. She looks scared and then panics.
"You're the boy that was in my dream."
"What?"
"Please don't kill me."
"I won't kill you."
Her eyes widen and then she runs away.
"Wait no!" I shout chasing after her as I feel myself falling into darkness.
***
I wake up as the sun shines through the blinds of the windows. Did she dream about me? I have a feeling that she did dream about me but not in a good way. I go to breakfast and before I know it we're in the Capitol. As I exit the train, I take a glance at all the Capitol people shout to Clove and I. I catch and glimpse at her staring at me. I smirk and then she quickly looks away. I prepare myself as I walk out into the Capitol. I only have one though in my mind.

She's Mine.

***
How was that? Sorry for the late update I really have no excuse. 😂 Anyway, I would really appreciate feedback in the comments and votes. I would also really appreciate if you shared this with your friends.
Until next time,
Flx