A Glimpse of a possible present 4

One asks to themselves if they would ever be missed. Would one ever remember them after the time passes? Does one person really effect the world? So many questions only yourself can answer and yet, the answer is always hidden in plain sight which we happen to be blind to.

Mey-Rin had her eyes shut tight. Not wanting to know what would be around her in the void. In the place the reapers had told her she would be once her soul was transferred for Sebastian's. She then heard a voice she knew even in her sleep. Sebastian...

Mey-Rin opened her eyes to see she was back at the manor. The Undertaker was sitting on the floor eating a biscuit. He simply smiled and watched the scene unfold as if they were at a theater play. Mey-Rin saw Master Ciel at the table while Sebastian poured the tea. Was this the present? Sebastian looked dull and... empty? Finny was standing on the side wall while Bard was adding more fire wood. The manor looked dull and dark, almost if the manor itself lost all its life. Undertaker smiled up at Mey-Rin. "Just maybe we keep the transfer on hold... here is where you denied the offer. It seems the Deadly Nightshade was who you were now." So this was a different future? A time where everyone is alive and Mey-Rin didn't want to play this game anymore, but Undertaker just kept asking Mey-Rin to look. "No one smiles. No one laughs. No jokes just nothing. Everyone was walking around as if dead." But yet, at least Sebastian was alive... right?

"Why do they all look so sad. If I'd never come to the manor how could this be. There's no way I made that much of a difference? Do we really have to do this?" She walked over by Sebastian. She already knew they couldn't see or hear her, but she tried to touch him anyway. "I've never seen him like this. Like there's no life. Surly you can't tell me Bard and Finny don't still keep him busy?" Looking at the funny reaper on the floor. This didn't seem right and why was he showing her this.

"You choose to see with your eyes closed, but you were the only woman around. Ciel and Finny would see you as a maternal figure. Especially the young Earl who'd lost his mother so young. You had their best interest in mind. Protected Finny. Even if he could throw a horse on his own. His heart was bonded to you." Undertaker looked at Sebastian. "He has no one to impress. Which was you." Undertaker was hinting something? Did he really think Sebastian was into her? "You lighten them up. Yelled at them when they got out of line. I think you called them 'your boys' at one time and you were the one that held them together." Undertaker stood up and offered Mey-Rin a biscuit. "Without you, their world ends. Tell me you can see that. Tell me you can see this manor without any decorations. Without any presents. Even if the door is broken, you were life to them. We all make mistakes... I had William and Grell to speak to you. Not because they follow orders, but because each day they regret what they had done. " Undertaker was so close to her now. His once funny smile and laugh was now gone. His green eyes stared directly at hers. Everything is shit now, but at least Sebastian was alive...

"I never thought..." She said taking a step back from him. "They are my boys all of them. Well not Sebastian. Why would Sebastian need to impress me. He does all that for the young Master right?" There was no way. Sebastian always got angry with her. Other times he just seemed like if he could he'd fire her. "With Sebastian I don't see anything. Accept he looks lost. Your right though. Where are all the Christmas decorations. Most of them would be up by now. It's so dark." Mey turned her face to look directly back at undertaker. "I already said I was wrong didn't I?" Was there something missing. Her heart was pounding.

"You still cant see it? Fine... see what I see..." Undertaker placed his hands on each side of her Mey-Rins face and the scene changed around them. Mey-Rin saw her memories of Sebastian. Doing the laundry and dishes and cleaning and setting up the dinning table AND.... everything? How could anyone do that much? Mey-Rin never put any thought into it. Sebastian never got hurt? Flashbacks to where Sebastian solved every problem. Every issue... every. Were his eyes glowing? He was not a dog. He was not like Pluto, but yet he tamed him? Pluto was a demon dog? Was Sebastian? Mey-Rin stared at Undertakers eyes and there was a bright red flash. Mey-Rin fell down onto a floor. She could feel the floor, could feel the heat. looking down at herself. She was in her assassin outfit. She stood up and looked around her. The area was covered in ash and small fires were burning around. The clouds were red and smokey and then she saw it. She saw the center waterfall of the Phantomhive estate garden. This was her favorite place to be, but everything was burnt. Everything was gone. A shadow appeared below her and moved in front of her. The shadow started to take shape. It's wings were covered in ash. but she could see the color underneath the ash. Black wings stretched up to the air and the shape was forming more now. It walked towards her and growled. The shadow took up on a human form and saw feathers fall around her. Hands with claws reached out towards her.