Summertime Sadness

Calum:

'I got my red dress on tonight
Dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight
Done my hair up real big beauty queen style
High heels off, I’m feeling alive’

No one made you feel the way you felt when you were with him. You felt invincible. He would take you on spontaneous dates almost every night you were together. Knowing how unbearable the pain of being separated during touring season was, Calum wouldn’t waste one second with you. With the windows down, music blaring, you knew you wouldn’t ever want to be anywhere else. You always knew, deep down, you could never be together. And it hurt. Swaying back and forth in the moonlight, both silent, knowing soon you would be separated once more.

Ashton:

'Oh, my God, I feel it in the air
Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare
Honey, I’m on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothing scares me anymore’

The ache of loneliness radiated through your body. You knew when he’d go on tour it would hurt, but you never imagined anything like this. Even breathing hurt. Pain was all you felt. You would call Ashton as much as possible. Ashton was the only thing keeping you sane. He was your drug. You could feel again when you heard his voice. But when the call ended, your emotions were cut off. You went numb. You weren’t scared of anything anymore. Nothing could be worse than not having Ashton by your side. You felt like a part of you was missing, and you knew it wouldn’t come back until Ashton did.

Luke:

'Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
I just wanted you to know
That, baby, you’re the best’

Today was the day. The day you had been dreading since he came home. The day when Luke would have to go back on tour. You knew Luke was living his dream, and you we’re so happy for him. But you are only human. The drive to the airport was dead silent. Not an uncomfortable silence, no words needed to be spoken. You could feel the ache begin to form in your stomach. You finally reached the airport; both of you distraught. He promised he’d call you every night, which you both knew was a lie. The boys were so busy that you’d be lucky if you got one call a week. The final boarding call scratched over the speakers. He kissed you with all he had, tears falling freely. Before he was torn away, his last words to you hung in the air. 'I love you…' And he was gone.

Michael:

'I'm feelin' electric tonight
Cruising down the coast goin’ ‘bout 99
Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
I know if I go, I’ll die happy tonight’

You were on another adventure with Michael. Driving down the California coast headed God knows where. You didn’t care where you were, as long as you were with Michael. Windows down, wind blowing through your hair. He slammed the gas pedal, making the wind whistle louder. You shrieked in delight, making him grin. You knew it was dangerous, but you didn’t care. You never wanted to leave his side. Even if you died tonight, so be it. He made you feel alive, and you wanted to feel that way forever.