Forever Is Our Today [A Ben Burnley Fanfic]

A/N: Hiya everyone! This is my new story called 'Forever Is Our Today. The title is from Breaking Benjamin's song, Who Wants To Live Forever, which was originally written by Queen. If you don't know anything about the band BB, I recommend listening to a few of their songs to get caught up. I'm rambling now so... enjoy chapter 1! Please comment and vote!

Chapter 1 - The First Meeting

Emily Scott - 33 years old (Ainsley's mom)

Ainsley Scott - 16 years old (High school junior)

Benjamin Burnley - 26 years old

Rhiannon Napier & Kristen Nicole 'Nikki' Napier - 22 years old

Aaron Fink - 24 years old

----------------------------------

Staring at the ceiling, my mother tells me to get up and start getting ready for school. I sit up, stretch my arms out above my head and yawn silently. I quickly shower, putting up my dark brown hair in a ponytail. I jog downstairs at the smell of pancakes and bacon. My mother stops what she's doing and gives me a hug, as her greeting. She lets me go and kisses my forehead, I smile at her and sit down to eat.

After breakfast, I grab my phone and purse, kiss my mother goodbye and walk out the front door. As I wait for the bus to pick me up, I put in my headphones and start playing some rock music on Pandora. I look down at my iPhone's screen to see my world's favorite band, the one I listen to everyday, Breaking Benjamin. I start humming the lyrics to Evil Angel.

'Hold it together

Birds of a feather

Nothing but lies and crooked wings

I have the answer, spreading the cancer

You are the faith inside me

No, don't leave me to die here, help me survive here, alone

don't remember, remember'

I stop humming when I see the bus pull up in front of me. I get on and I wish I hadn't, all the seniors in my high school were laughing at me. I never understood why but I couldn't hear their taunts anyway, I was to wrapped up in Ben's angelic voice that always pulled me out of the hard times. I ignore the countless things thrown at me, as I take my seat at the front of the bus, alone but I like it that way.

When I arrived at school, everyone was crowded around their lockers and were staring directly at me as I walked past. I kept my head down, afraid of what they would do. I slowly look up and met a pair of dark eyes, as our eyes met, a pair of hands, push me to the ground. I fall to the floor, my phone bouncing down the hall, which it finally stopped and slid into a locker. I didn't dare look up, I was too afraid. There wasn't a sound being made, except for the shrill sound of the bell that signaled first period.

I stood up and the walked over to my phone which now has several cracks on the screen and on the back. I sigh and put my poor damaged phone in my purse and shuffle towards my first class, which was Biology. About 30 minutes into the class, a phone starts to vibrate loudly, everyone looks around but I look down and into my purse. Mrs. Ackles, my Biology teacher, looks in my direction and nods her head in the direction of the door. I pick up my stuff and walk out. The vibrating stopped shortly after I stepped out of class. My screen said I had a missed call from my mother. I let out a shaky breath and answer in the most normal tone I could. "Hey Mom, what's up?"

"Ainsley, I'm coming to pick you up. I have a surprise for you, I think you'll love it!" She knew I hated surprises but I agree anyway. "I'm pulling into the parking lot now sweetie so sign out and come out here." We hang up and I'm so relieved to get out of that prison. I meet my mom outside and get into her car. She smiles at me widely and pulls out of the parking lot and onto the road to go home.

When we arrived, the first thing I saw was a very expensive car in the driveway. I squeal and hug my mom thinking that the beautiful car was mine, but she shook her head at me, silently telling me that the car wasn't my surprise. I pout and we both get out of the car. My mom turns towards me and smiles. "Now, fix your hair and smile." I look at her confused but do it anyway. We walk into the house, and I hear laughing and talking. I smell the strong scent of cigarette smoke and it makes me cough loudly. I hear a loud "Sorry, don't breathe!" and a laugh follows quickly after.

We walk into the kitchen where two guys are sitting down at the kitchen table. Both have dark colored hair and one was a lot taller than the other and has a cigarette in his left hand, which explained the smell. At the sound of our footsteps coming into the kitchen, they both their heads to look at us. My mom smiles at my and motions her hands toward me. "Boys, this my daughter, Ainsley." Both of the men give me a smile and stand up. The one that was a little taller than me took my hand in his and smiled politely. "Hello Ainsley, my name is Aaron." I smile back and say hello back to him. Aaron took a step back for the other man to greet me. I had to literally tilt my head up and see this man's face. His hazel/green eyes met mine and he spoke softly. "Hi there Ainsley, my name is Benjamin Burnley. But, please call me Ben." I freeze in my spot and stare at Ben. "Wait, why does your name sound so familiar, I've heard or seen it before." He smiles at me and turns his left wrist over for me to see. Four B's were in the Celtic knot formation and I squeal like a little girl and jump up and down.

"Ohmygosh!! Your the Ben Burnley? I feel so honored to meet you! I listen to your amazing music everyday!" Ben just laughs at my excitement and puts a hand on my shoulder,holding me in one spot looking directly in my eyes. "How would you like to come with us back to New Jersey and stay the summer?" I felt like this was a huge prank. "Wait, how do you even know me? Don't your other fans get this same opportunity?" He shakes his head and looks at my mother. "I'll tell her on the way back, so she can't escape." My mom laughs and nods at him. "Take care of her Ben, I know you will." Ben nods and looks at Aaron. "Go out to the car and wait for us please." Aaron nods and puts a hand on my shoulder before walking out of my house.

"Ainsley. go pack your stuff, you have a long way to drive." She was right, we did have a long way to drive, from North Carolina to New Jersey. I rush upstairs and start throwing clothes into my only suitcase, and I zip it up and drag it (and halfway rolling it downstairs). "I'm all ready to go!" I say excitedly as I kiss my mom's cheek. I walk over to my suitcase by the front door but Ben had already beaten me to it, and had it lifted up in his hand. "Bye, Emily. I'll call you when we get there so you know she's safe." My mother smiles and walks over to hug me, then Ben.

We put my suitcase in the trunk of the car and get into the car, buckling our seatbelts. I notice Ben in the passenger seat and Aaron in the driver seat. Then I remembered that driving was one of Ben's phobias. Moments later, we are on the road heading towards the highway to New Jersey. I felt like this was a dream I didn't want to wake up from.