Chapter 22 - Painting New Memories

(a/N: Oh my gosh I'm back after YEARS!! I am planning on finishing out this story finally!! it will only have a few more chapters left and a lot of time skips just to get it completed! Thank you and enjoy!)

-------------

December 31, 2014 - 30 weeks

Ainsley'x POV:

Sitting on the couch, I sigh as I rest my hand on my gigantic belly. Only a few more weeks until we meet our sweet baby. Ben and I have decided to wait until the baby comes to find out what we're having. My hope is for a girl that looks like her daddy. "Hey beautiful, I brought you a drink." I look up at my darling boyfriend and smile at him as I take the wine glass from him. "Thank you." I say, taking a curious sniff of the fizzy liquid. Ben chuckles as he sits beside me on the couch. "it's grape juice." He explains as I take a drink. It's currently New Year's Eve and only nine o'clock. We were hosting a party for our friends and family.

I set my wine glass down on the coffee table and turn to my boyfriend, wrapping my arm around his waist and resting my cheek on his shoulder. "I love you Ben." I tell him and close my eyes as I snuggle into his frame. He plants a gentle kiss on my head and I feel the smile on his face without having to see it. "I love you too Ains. And our little guy or girl too." He says, placing his hand over mine that was resting on my stomach. I smile as I feel the strong kicks of the baby as if they were replying that they love us too.

---------

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6!" The crowd clustered in the living room was counting down to midnight when the year would turn to 2015. I couldn't contain the grin that formed on my face as I look at Ben and then to Nikki.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" We all shout in unison at the tv. "Happy New Years!!!" Ben and I turn to one another and share a kiss as if no one was in the room. This was a new year and one step closer to our family being complete. It was becoming very real, very fast. But we were ready.