Chapter 6

When he finished his shower, Lance took it upon himself to get something on his face. Even if he was among the Galra army as a captive, he wanted to look his best. First impressions and all as the old saying on earth went.

Taking a cautious look at some of the bottles on the bathroom counter, he read through the labels. It never occurred to him before that something that the Alteans or Galra may have something that could be horribly poisonous to humans. Food was more of an issue that anything chemical in the stuff they got from planets and space malls.

For now he would have to hope that whichever bottle he picked wouldn't end up with him writhing on the floor in pain. Covering his face with the unknown substance, he hummed another tune. Lance wouldn't dare to sing something else so soon after that incident.

While at home he was known to sing at random, here fighting a war singing like that was seen more as an annoyance than anything else. After all it was a serious issue, to save those who were trapped by the Empire and to keep those who weren't ensnared free.

As he finished up covering his face, he heard Lotor's voice through the wall, talking to someone else. For a few moments he listened to the low murmurs, wondering if it was important business being discussed or just a casual visit between Lotor and one of his generals. Then he heard a firm knock against the door of the bathroom.

"Our meal is here. Sorry it took so long to get something for the both to eat. Slipped my mind is all." Lotor said, his voice slightly muffled by the wall. As he said that, Lance felt like his stomach would eat itself from the inside out from hunger.

"Thanks for letting me know." Was all he said in reply. Quickly he dressed himself and took off his face mask as well. He came out of the bathroom to be greeted with a table that was pulled out of one of the walls with two plates set on it. A cart with two containers sat near by.

Lance saw that Lotor saw sitting on his bed, looking over papers that were scribbled in an unknown language. He was muttering himself as he flipped through them, his face showing no signs of whether the papers were a good thing or a bad thing. Lance took a chair near the table and sat down.

For the next few minutes he waited for the Galra prince to finish up with his papers. Then he heard the soft sigh as Lotor came over to the table to sit with him.

"Must she be demanding for an appointment at such a time?" Lotor said to himself as he took the two containers from the cart. He handed Lance one of the containers and then dished his own meal onto the plate near his seat. "The Empire is still not stable enough for me to have such diplomatic missions. Even if she insists on boarding my ship to ease my worries, it still wouldn't be enough. Too many things to go wrong, even with my generals watching over me."

For a moment, Lance felt conflicted on whether he should comment that the prince had. "I'm sure that her demand for an appointment to see you has some important things to discuss."

"For her in particular that is true." Lotor said with a sigh. "Probably wants to discuss what she should do with her older brother since he refused the throne."

Lotor didn't say anymore after that, digging into his food with vigor that kinda made Lance slightly sick to watch. Looking away from the prince, he dug into his own food, trying to get a taste for what he liked and what he didn't.

He expected the Galra to eat something similar to the green goo that he had seen on the Castle when the team first arrived there. But what was in front of him looked to be actually be something that could be eaten by people. Some of the food was similar to a few things on Earth.

While he took his time to eat, Lotor finished much quicker than him. When looking over at him, Lotor looked slightly embarrassed. "I apologize for that display, I'm afraid that I was more hungry than I originally thought." He said, a light purple dusting his cheeks and the tips of his ears.