Chapter 3

Warning, there is a graphic description of ants in a dream sequence. I didn't want to freak out anyone too badly without a warning. (Unlike Animorphs that gives you a nightmarish description of ants trying to tear the kids apart in ant morph. Curse you K.A. Applegate for making a good series for kids with such desciptions.)

________________________________________________________________________________

When arriving back at the bridge, Lotor knew he had to fight the rest of the Voltron team. It didn't matter that he might be developing certain type of feelings for the Red Paladin, he still had to run the Empire. That includes eradicating Voltron from existence. It would let the empire flourish much more than it would with Voltron there to hinder its progress.

It was his father's downfall that he wasn't able to get rid of it. At least what he heard from Hagger on the subject of his father when becoming the new leader.

"Narti, get the ship to where the signal is. Zethrid be on standby when the castle starts to shoot at us. Acxa you will be in charge of them while I go to battle the lions." Lotor said, placing himself in his chair. Under one of his arms was his helmet.

"Understood sir." Acxa said, steeling her face that she used for battle.

He watched his generals quickly move around the room. They moved around each other with ease, much more than he would expect the Voltron team without their Red Paladin.

As the ship went through a wormhole, his thoughts returned to Lance. He knew that he liked the paladin, much more than he anticipated when he rescued him from the room on fire. But it wasn't enough at the moment to waver his duty to rule the Empire nor stop his mission to destroy Voltron. He knew that the Galra army would not be so lenient with him as they were with his father if he didn't get rid of Voltron. That was a guaranteed fact for him.

But he also wished he could have Lance join his small knitted family.

"The castle is in sight. Should you go to your ship now or wait for a few more minutes?" Acxa asked. Her stance showed she was serious about the battle that was to come. That coupled with her carefully blank face, he knew she was ready to fight with him, no matter the cost.

"It'll take me a few moments to get down to the hanger and get my ship going. I'll do that now than give the Paladins a chance to use a plan against me." He said standing up. Acxa nodded at his statement and faced towards the other generals.

As he left the room with his helmet, he heard Zethrid claim that they should use the cannons against the castle. It brought a smile to his face to hear Acxa with a clam tone, explaining why that wouldn't work in this situation. He choose his odd little family well.

Reaching his ship, he then remembered the way his hair was. While it did keep his hair out of the way when he was on the ship, it was stacked too tall to put the helmet over his head. Lotor would need to pull it out of the bun and let it hang loose. For a moment he mourned Lance's hard work before letting his hair down.

Hopefully he could have Lance either try to do the hairstyle again or try a whole new one. It would be a shame for the one person with gentle hands to be lost to the other side.

With that thought in mind, Lotor turned his ship on.

______________________________

Keith was angry. That was the simplest way of how he felt at the moment as dashed to the Black Lion. After the fact of Lance being kidnapped to one of the Galra ship, Keith didn't have much self control. Lance was the one that kept him calm in tense moments and made him see the bigger picture with the rest of team when Shiro was lost.