Part 3: The Truth About The Narcissist

"Why are you a narcissist?" Edd asked seriously.

"I...uhh... Can't you ask me a different question?" Matt pleaded.

"Matt, I need to know." Edd explained.

"You don't have to.." Matt said softly.

"I have to Matt, you can't avoid this topic. I've been wondering for several years on why you worship yourself so much, why you are confident about your appearance. I felt like I needed to put an end to this and get the information from the actual person." said Edd.

"I...can't tell you that..." Matt denied.

"Why not?" Edd asked sternly.

"I...just can't." Matt said weakly.

"TELL ME!" Edd roared.

"Why do you need to know this?" Matt asked.

"I. JUST. NEED. TO. KNOW." Edd said slowly.

"That's not a valid reason!" Matt yelled.

"I have to know!" Edd shouted.

"You don't have to!" Matt exclaimed.

"PLEASE, MATT! I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND! I WILL BE VERY OPEN, AS I SAID PREVIOUSLY!" Edd stated.

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! IT'S A TOUCHY SUBJECT!" Matt fought back.

"MATT! PLEASE! You seem upset when I mention it! What's wrong?" Edd tells Matt how concerned he is.

"Please, just, no. I don't want to."
Matt sighed deeply. Edd calmed himself down.

"Matt, I will promise that this will only be between you and me. No one else, I swear. I'm very concerned." Edd said calmly.

There was a moment of silence.

"Alright, I'll tell you, but, don't tell anyone else. I don't want to be laughed at." Matt breathed calmly.

"I will not laugh at you, I promise." Edd sweared to Matt that he will be open to him.

"Okay, here goes.. You know that females gather 'round me and adore me. They like my appearance."

"Yes, they do."

"I don't think I was loved at all."

"Huh? Why not? You're basically a chick magnet, a ladies' man, so on and so forth. Why do you think that way?"

"They only liked me.. Because of my appearance.. They don't like me for my personality, or for being an actual human being."

"I lost confidence because of that, so I decided to believe in what others say about my appearance; cute, handsome, good-looking... So, yeah... I gained confidence for myself and, well... It overpowered me and I ended up becoming a self-praising loser..."

"Oh."

"Yeah.. I didn't really want to tell anyone this but since you asked, there.

"I'm... so sorry to hear that, Matt.. I didn't know. I'm actually very surprised. I apologize for judging your personality. I'm sorry for pushing you into this topic." Edd apologized.

"It's fine, I guess.." said Matt.