My eyes widen in admiration. "Really? Chuckie sounds really good."

He chuckled. "Two chuckies then."

"Okay po, Sir." Then the old man left with his golf cart towards the mansion.

Instead of sitting in the recliner, Harry sat by the edge of the pool. I followed him and pull myself down a safe distance from him. I remove my shoes and printed red socks before I dip my cold feet into the freezing water.

"It feels so nice." I whispered.

"I used to bring Annie here." He said out loud. Napatingin ako sa kanya. But he was staring on the sky and the moon hanging lazily above us. "Sabay kaming nagre-review kasi tinuturuan niya ako sa trigo." He tilted his head and smiled at the memory as if savoring the moment. "Naiinis nga siya palagi sa akin kasi hindi ako masyadong nakikinig."

I nodded my head for him to continue his story.

"And now..." He finally lowered his gaze and stared at the reflection of the moon in the blue artificial water on the pool. "It feels so weird that I wouldn't be able to bring her here again to teach me."

I was about to open my mouth when I spotted the golf cart heading towards us. Tinikom ko ang bibig ko hanggang sa makalapit sa amin ang lalaking naghatid sa amin kanina. Inilapag niya ang dalawang 250ml na chuckie sa maliit na lamesa katabi ng recliner.

"May kailangan pa po ba kayo, Sir?"

"Wala na Mang Anton. Salamat po."

He nodded and left with his golf cart. Binalot kami ng nakakabinging katahimikan.

"Does it hurt?" I blurted out loud what was inside of my head. Kanina ko pa ito gustong itanong sa kanya.

"Yeah." He admitted. "A lot."

I nodded and pulled myself up. I started removing my shoes kaya napatingin siya sa akin. Inilapag ko din ang backpack ko sa sahig at kinuha ang phone at wallet mula sa bulsa ko. Then I removed the ponytail on my hair and stashed it all inside my bag.

"What're you doing—"

I jumped. I jumped into the freezing water and cursed repeatedly inside of my head when the cold water embraced me.

"Mary Grace!" Napatayo si Harry, gulat na gulat. "Are you fucking crazy?"

Underwater, Harry's figure is hazy. Surprisingly, the coldness that is slowly seeping into my bones began to comfort me. I went to the surface, wet hair sticking on both sides of my face.

"Yeah, I am." I said. Nakatayo lang si Harry at nakatingin sa akin. "You know what I do when it hurts a lot?" I widen my arms open. "This. I do this." I locked my gaze on him. "This numbs the pain. This helps me to feel alive. This makes me forget for a while that my life is so screwed."

"Mary Grace..."

"And you know what?" I padded my way towards him. Before he could even take a step back, hinila ko din siya papunta sa tubig. We both collapsed into the water. He grabbed both of my shoulders and went surface. Even with my chattering teeth, I said. "I think you also need this."

He stared at me for a while then a small smile curled into his lips. That smile became a grin and soon he was laughing. Binitawan niya na din ako. Napangiti ako sa kanya while watching him laugh hysterically.

"You really are crazy." He said between his laughter. "Annie was right when she said that she had one hell of a sister."

"I supposed that's true." I didn't move a lot dahil mas lalo lang giginaw. The cold breeze sweep across my face, making me embrace myself underwater. The calm water feels so soft yet so cold.

"But yeah, thanks a lot." He said before he dipped his head back into the water. I watched him underwater for a couple of seconds before he pulled himself up again, droplets of water dripping from the his hair, to the bridge of his nose, down to his chin. "I think you're right. I needed this."

We stayed in the pool for a while bago kami nagmamadaling umahon. Ginaw na ginaw na kaming dalawa. There was no towel anywhere so we both raced into their huge house—no scratch that, mansion. Sinalubong kami ng may-edad na babae na may dala-dalang towel.

"Salamat po." Harry said upon receiving the white towels that looks new and never been used to me. Or at least that's what I thought. Everything around here looks new and never been used. Parang straight out of the box at dinisplay lang.

"Ayaw niyo po bang maligo, Sir? Baka magkasipon kayo niyan."

"I'll take a shower later. Kailangan ko munang ihatid si Mary Grace."

Binalingan ako ng babae. "Ipahatid niyo nalang po siya kay Harold. Gusto niyo po bang tawagan ko siya?"

"Sure." I wrapped the towel around my body as we started walking to the gate. Harry offered me a new set of clothes but I declined. I told him I'm going to take a bath once I get home. The phone inside of my bag keeps on vibrating. I'm sure tinatawagan na ako ni mommy dahil wala pa ako sa bahay sa mga oras na ito.

It didn't surprise me to find another driver in another car. Pumasok kaming dalawa sa loob. Nakabalot pa rin sa katawan ko ang towel. The drive home was quiet but not the awkward type of quiet where I could die thinking of words that could break the ice between the two of us. It was surprisingly comfortable. Just knowing that Harry is next to me and we're both sitting on the same car at the same time is quiet soothing to me.

We parked outside of our house. "I'll walk you to the door."

"Wag na," I said, grabbing my bag. "Ako na bahala mag-explain sa parents ko."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Harry?"

"Yeah?" He lifted his head up and I wonder how his face seemed so fresh and weary at the same time.

"How come you never told me that you're so fucking rich?" I joked.

"Uh, you didn't ask?"

"I didn't?"

"Yeah, you didn't."

"I suppose that's true." I climbed out of the car. "Goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight."

"Night."